You may know we’re on the prowl for resources people new to GR (and old-timers, too!) can use. Most recently, we asked our grkids.com readers to tell us where to find great places to take swim lesson for kids.
The five most recommended places to take swim lessons for children (greater Grand Rapids area) are listed below, along with the reasons that parents recommend them.
If your location didn’t make the list and you think it is great for kids, leave a comment below letting us know why it’s a good fit for families.
- Ms Rita has classes in her home, she’s the best!
- She is hardcore, but good.
- Kids may scream and be afraid on Monday, but by Friday they are laughing!
- Rita is about swim safety as a central lesson to teaching kids to swim.
- Most kids are swimming after 4 lessons!
- My daughters loved to bob around in the water all day, but no “real” swimming. After 8 lessons with Patty, they are pros! We will be doing them again this summer.
- My son cried and cried the first day, but by day 2 he loved it!
- note: Miss Patty fills up fast- you might want to think about her for next summer
WEBSITE: Miss Patty’s Swimming
- Nice small classes allow for one on one instruction and teachers really care about the kids and recognize them and talk with them during open swim too
ADDRESS: 2500 Division Ave South, Grand Rapids, MI 49507
- They seem to have lots of patience and move at a pace my child is ok with
- They are excellent with the kids, and not only do they teach swimming, but they also teach water safety
ADDRESS: 6230 Kalamazoo Ave SE, Kentwood, MI 49508
Also mentioned by our readers multiple times: