PARENTING GROUPS AND CLUBS AROUND GRAND RAPIDS AND BEYOND
- MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers)
Groups meet around town at various locations. Caters to the needs of the mother with young children.
- Great Start Parent Coalition
The Great Start Parent Coalition is made up of committed parents from all over the county who want to ensure a GREAT START for their own children and all children in the community. The Coalition’s mission is to increase parents’ skills, knowledge, and participation in early childhood planning and decision making in the community.
- Grand Rapids Mothers and More
This group provides opportunities for mothers to connect with one another, develop their identities as women and help them move through the transitions that affect their family, work and life. They also provide a network of support for moms through an environment in which friendships can be cultivated.
- Bright Beginnings
Bright Beginnings program includes the following services: Personal home visits, playgroups/parent meetings, developmental screening, resource network, nutrition information resources. Bright Beginnings is available to ALL families in Kent County with children birth to Kindergarten entry.
MomsBloom was born to bring volunteers and families together to provide physical and emotional support to any family with a newborn – free of charge.
- Grand Rapids Dads
These dads get around! If you are a dad and looking to connect or want to find a playgroup, then you are in luck!
- West Michigan Parents Network
Need a play date? Want an activity? Looking for other parents to talk things over with? This group meets online and in the real world. Membership is free, the activities are reasonably priced, and the people are great.
- MOMS Club of Grand Rapids – North – We are a group of mainly stay-at-home moms. As a club, we offer lots of activities geared towards moms and children. Except for the occasional moms’ night out, our activities are during the day and children are always welcome. Our club includes women with varying interests, ages, and lifestyles, however we come together with the important goal of raising healthy, happy children.
- MOMS Club Kentwood, Cascade, Caledonia Chapter
MOMS Club is available for stay-at-home moms with any age children. You don’t have to leave the club just because your kids go to school.
- Moms Club South
MOMS Club is a non-profit support group, specifically aimed at meeting the needs of mothers who choose to stay at home with their children part or full time.
- Grand Rapids Tightwad
A Grand Rapids native finds and posts great deals and freebies right here in our community.
- Rockford Moms Club
Ever feel like you’re the only mother who stays home? You are not alone! Come meet other at-home mothers at the MOMS Club!
Connecting moms and Serving Christ, playdates and “coffee breaks” every Thursday morning.
- Babywearing International of Grand Rapids Come and join us for any of our three monthly meetings where we try out carriers, chat about babywearing, and have a great time! If you need help with a carrier you own, or you’re looking to try something before you buy it, we have a lending library of carriers that are available. Meetings are free to attend and our experienced volunteer educators will be on hand to help you! We meet twice each month in Grand Rapids and once a month in Holland. All caregivers are welcome!