The parenting journey is tough and it’s inadvisable to go it alone.
Find your place among friends and gain support, fun and health!
This guide is a roundup of parenting groups in the West Michigan area and will help you learn about groups in your community.
If you know of others that should be included, please leave us a comment.
- MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers)
Groups meet around town at various locations, usually in churches. Caters to the needs of the mother with young children.
- Bright Beginnings
Bright Beginnings program includes the following services: Personal home visits, playgroups/parent meetings, developmental screening, resource network, nutrition information resources. Bright Beginnings is available to ALL families in Kent County with children birth to Kindergarten entry. FREE.
- Moms in Tow Moms in Tow, LLC provides moms and expecting moms a way to find great discounts, meet others for social events, and attend healthy and educational activities in West Michigan. Serving Holland.
- Grand Rapids Dads : Their main page is at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/grandrapidsdads/ and they’ve just started a new facebook page called GR Guys With Kids: http://www.facebook.com/GrGuysWithKids.
- A Father’s Walk Single Dad Ministry – “A Father’s Walk” is a ministry designed to help ALL single dads grow in their walk with Christ through discipleship, events, and various resources. A Father’s Walk is currently putting together a small group for single fathers, beginning in the fall. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (616) 581-4409.
- Daddy Daughter Time. Group helps any Dad spend time with his daughter. Focus on events that are free or heavily discounted and designed for the Dad/Daughter duo. Strives to get Dads with daughters talking to each other about their daughters.
- St Patrick’s MOM’s Group – 920 Fulton St: The MOMS (Mothers Of Many Seasons) is a group of women who are mothers of any age or stage of mothering. We gather weekly for social, emotional, spiritual, and practical support in our busy ministries of motherhood. Meets every Thursday at 9:30am
- Grand Rapids Mothers and More
This group provides opportunities for mothers to connect with one another, develop their identities as women and help them move through the transitions that affect their family, work and life. They also provide a network of support for moms through an environment in which friendships can be cultivated. Local chapter meetings are held at St. Thomas Catholic Church in the Ministry Center’s Community Room (unless otherwise noted below). This is located at: 1448 Grace Drive, Grand Rapids 49506, on the first Monday and third Thursday of each month from 7-9pm.
- Newcomers Club of Grand Rapids The Newcomers Club of Greater Grand Rapids is an all-volunteer organization established to help individuals new to the Grand Rapids area or who have experienced a change in circumstances to make friends, find people who share common interests and hobbies, become acquainted with the area and to participate in various community projects.
- Great Start Parent Coalition
The Great Start Parent Coalition is made up of committed parents from all over the county who want to ensure a GREAT START for their own children and all children in the community. The Coalition’s mission is to increase parents’ skills, knowledge, and participation in early childhood planning and decision making in the community.
- MOMS Club of Grand Rapids – North – We are a group of mainly stay-at-home moms. As a club, we offer lots of activities geared towards moms and children. Except for the occasional moms’ night out, our activities are during the day and children are always welcome. Our club includes women with varying interests, ages, and lifestyles, however we come together with the important goal of raising healthy, happy children.
- GR Mom2Mom – 4411 Plainfield NE: We are a group of young moms, from different walks of life and different areas of town. We come together on Thursday mornings to be encouraged, uplifted and to strengthen our relationship with each other and with the Lord. On top of all that, we have FREE child care so we can know that it will be a break and a time to relax during our busy weeks. Info: email@example.com or (616) 481-5097
- Seymour MOPS – 840 Alger St SE: For mothers with pre-school aged kids (kindergarten and under). We meet at Seymour Church in Alger Heights on the 1st Friday of each month 9:15-11:30am (childcare provided) and the 3rd Thursday of each month 7-9:30pm (no childcare provided). We’re having an open house on Friday, September 7 from 9:30-11am…bring your kids, get acquainted with other moms and learn more about MOPS.
- Berkley Hills MOPS – 1670 Ball Ave NE: New MOPS Group, meets The 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month, starting in the Fall, from 9:00-11:30.
- Moms Club South
MOMS Club is a non-profit support group, specifically aimed at meeting the needs of mothers who choose to stay at home with their children part or full time.
- MOMS Club Kentwood, Cascade, Caledonia Chapter
MOMS Club is available for stay-at-home moms with any age children. You don’t have to leave the club just because your kids go to school.
- MomBreak – Mom Break, formerly a MOPS group is a program designed to nurture mothers with children from infancy to kindergarten. Meetings are held the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month from 9:30 to 11:00 a.m. at First Reformed Church in Grandville. (website)
- First Reformed Church | MOPS at First Church – 3060 Wilson Ave: MOPS stands for Mother of Preschoolers and is a program designed to nurture mothers with children from infancy to kindergarten. MOPS meetings are held the 1st & 3rd Fridays of the month from 9:30 to 11:00 a.m. October-May. Registration is required.
- Ridge Point MOMS – 340 104th Ave: The MOMS ministry is a group of moms of young children who meet together to be encouraged and build relationships with others in the same season of life. We recognize that being a parent of young children can be exhausting and exhilarating all at the same time! MOMS meets moms where they are and is that extra voice of encouragement. We would love for you to join us on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month beginning September 20th.
- Holland Area Mothers of Multiples — Providence Church – Ottawa Ave. Mothers of twins, triplets quads or more from the Holland, MI area, who meet on the second Friday of the month at 7pm.
- Mom’s Time Out – 3617 Hillcrest: Mom’s Time Out is an outreach to moms of all ages- new moms, stepmoms, moms with school aged or teenaged children, and grandmothers will all be welcome! There will be four key elements to our meetings: Friends, Food, Faith and Fun! Put all these together and you have a happy mom! Meets the first Friday evening of each month from 6-9pm.
- Connect4Moms – 1260 Chicago Drive: Child care is provided and you can begin dropping your child(ren) off as early as 9:15 am. Our meeting runs from 9:30-11:30 am. We meet at Grace Bible Fellowship in Jenison. Meets the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month.
- MOMs (Moms of Muskegon) – Moms Of Muskegon (MOMs) Michigan supporting, encouraging and learning from each other in our journey of motherhood using Christian values as our base. All moms with a child from zero to high school are welcome to join us. Childcare is provided. $50.00 for the year (Sept – Apr.) or $30 for Fall and $40 for Winter. Meeting on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the Month from 9-10:30am at Mona Shores Baptist on Lake Harbor until Resting Place Church is finished being built.
- Moms Club of Rockford, MI
Ever feel like you’re the only mother who stays home? You are not alone! Come meet other at-home mothers at the MOMS Club!
Know a friend looking for a group? Share our list!