Great Options for families in Grand Rapids and around West Michigan…
Saturday, March 30 at Outdoor Discovery Center
- In this program a naturalist will read a children’s nature-themed story and share animals, artifacts or activities related to the book. The program is ideal for little ones who can sit through a short story. There is not a fee for adults.
Fee: $3 per child, FREE to members
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Friday, March 29 at Pooh’s Corner at Breton Village
- A very special story time with author and wildlife photographer David Fitzsimmons on Friday March 29 at 10:30 a.m. David’s book Curious Critters is a Pooh’s Corner staff favorite and a captivating book for all ages. Readers will love the unusual animals, brilliant photography, and lighthearted verse. Teachers will love the curriculum guides and additional materials available on David’s website. David will be joined by REAL critters courtesy of the John Ball Zoo Traveling Zoo for this event.
Friday-Saturday, March 29-April 6 at the Critter Barn
- Celebrate the season of new life. Hug a lamb, hold a bunny, hold a duckling or a chick, bottle feed a kid and pet a calf. Admission is free, donations accepted. Closed on Sunday.
Friday, March 29 at The Mud Room
- Wear your pajamas to the studio and your Studio Fee is FREE! Hot chocolate and cookies will be served. Please RSVP by noon on Friday for free studio fee; $5 at the door.
Saturday, March 30 at the Coopersville & Marne Railway
- Kids of all ages will enjoy this one hour and twenty minute excursion through the Spring Time country-side. The Easter Bunny and her cast of a wacky, musical characters perform in each of our antique passenger coaches.The Springtime Princess will read children’s books and lead the passengers in springtime songs.Kids will be given a surprise at the end of the ride.
When the kids look out the train windows, they may see other bunnies too.
Saturday & Sunday, March 30 & 31 in various locations throughout West Michigan
- Easter Egg hunts are already beginning this weekend. Check out the calendar to find an Easter Egg Hunt near you or visit our Easter Egg Hunt Guide.
Saturday , March 30 at the Home School Building in Wyoming
- The Grand Rapids Toy And Comic Expo features a special comic guest as well as tons of vendors, an Artist Alley, film festival, costume contest, Hot Wheels racing track, gaming room, door prizes, and a lot more! Admission is only $3.
All these of these events and more can be found on the grkids.com event calendar.