by April Hunt
Do you have a Summer Bucket List?
We did, and “fishing with Daddy” was on the list. We managed to cross that item off our list after vacation in the Upper Peninsula, but you don’t have to travel nearly as far for your child to feel a few bites on the line.
So grab your fishing poles and get ready to teach your kids the (almost lost) art of patience. Show them how to tune out the electronics of the world and just listen to nature as you wait for “the big one.” Make some memories.
7 Places for Kids to Fish Around Grand Rapids
Fishing is more than just a quaint, old pastime or something for “country folk.” Fishing is a great way to spend quality time with your child (while also teaching them patience). Win, win!
Here are some great spots around greater Grand Rapids where you can enjoy fishing.
- Millennium Park – 1415 Maynard Ave SW, Walker, MI 49534
- Whistlestop Park – 2120 76th Street, Byron Center, MI 49315
- Heritage Park – 4264 Canal Ave, Grandville, MI 49418
- Ada Township Park – 1180 Buttrick Ave SE, Forest Hills, MI 49301
- Waterfront Park on Reeds Lake – 2205 Reeds Lake Blvd, East Grand Rapids, MI 49506
- Riverside Park – 2001 Monroe Avenue NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49501
- Kroc Center Catch and Release Pond – 2500 Division Ave S, Grand Rapids, MI 49507
Where do you take your child fishing in West Michigan? Let us know in the comments!
For other park fun in West Michigan check out: