A Great Night Out
The girls would love this!
That’s how we left Broadway GR’s Cinderella last night… talking about how our kindergarten daughters would have enjoyed coming to the show. It was a point reinforced by all of the little girls we saw twirling around in Cinderella dresses in the lobby.
Turns out I was full of misconceptions about the show. Here they are, debunked:
- The audience will be full of women. Wrong! While there were plenty of women at the show, there were also a lot of men. Cinderella is a show for anyone interested in a great performance with a great message.
- This might be boring. Let’s face it, as a mom of 2 young girls, I’ve had a lot of princess stories in my life. I was thrilled to find the story line engaging and the performance top-notch. I found myself laughing at times and with goosebumps at others. Probably my favorite mystery, thought, was wardrobe. HOW did they get those dresses to transform, right before my eyes, on stage like that? I was watching like a hawk and still can’t figure it out. Conclusion: they used real magic to make it happen.
- Broadway Grand Rapids is just another play house. WRONG. I know it’s in the name, but I forgot that these are actual Broadway productions brought to life in Grand Rapids. This is an immense privilege for our community- we don’t have to go to NYC to fight crazy ticket lines to see these top-notch productions. I’m happily amazed that BGR is in our community.
Special 1/2 Off Family Night – Wednesday, Sept 28, 2016
Broadway Grand Rapids has a special half-price family ticket offering for Wednesday, September 28, 2016 for Rodgers + Hammerstein’s CINDERELLA.
Young guests will be treated to crafts in the inner lobby of DeVos Hall prior to the performance.
The lobby opens at 6pm and the performance begins at 7:30pm.
Tickets will be half price in zones 2 & 3 for this performance only, and facility fees still apply.
To receive this discount, call Broadway Grand Rapids at 616-235-6285. Not valid on previously purchased tickets.
Details About Broadway GR’s Cinderella
Performance Dates Are:
- Wednesday, September 28, 2016 – 7:30pm (half-off family night, call for tix)
- Thursday, September 29, 2016 – 7:30pm
- Friday, September 30, 2016 – 7:30pm
- Saturday, October 1, 2016 – 2:00pm
- Saturday, October 1, 2016 – 7:30pm
- Sunday, October 2, 2016 – 1:00pm
- Sunday, October 2, 2016 – 6:30pm