Sunday, September 15, 2019 - 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Grand Valley State University is hosting a Family & Friends Day of fun, water-related activities. Free and open to the public. Free parking is available on campus.
Location: GVSU’s Allendale Campus, in the Big Tent near Kirkhof Center (10670 S Campus Dr, Allendale, MI 49401)
- 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Water fun including water rockets, stream tables, runoff models, tattoos, water-color painting and more!
- 3:00-4:00 Dancing by the Pond Open Children’s Class for ages 5-11. Learn and perform a dance inspired by the many ways water moves. Following the class will be a brief showing of what we create. All levels of experience welcome! Sign up your child for the dance class (Space is limited).
- 4:00 – Guest Appearance by Louie the Laker
- 4:30 – 5:30 – Live interactive performance of Paddle to the Sea by Song of the Lakes
- 5:30 – 6:00 – Water fun including water rockets, stream tables, runoff models, tattoos, water-color painting and more!
- 6:00 – 8:00 – Moana by the Pond with popcorn (weather permitting). Bring your blanket and curl up for a showing of Moana.
This event is part of GVSU’s Making Waves Initiative, designed to create collaboration across campus among students, faculty, and staff, as well as with the community. The goal of the Initiative is to explore and investigate the many ways that water touches our lives, from being a life-force to defining GVSU in relation to the Grand River and Lake Michigan.
Location:Grand Valley State University
1 Campus Drive
Allendale, MI 49401
Event Website: Click to Visit
Organizer: Peter Wampler
Organization: Grand Valley State University, Making Waves Initiative
Organizer Phone: (616) 331-3728
Organizer Email: [email protected]
- All Ages
- Featured Events
- For Dads
- For Moms
- Grades 3-5
- Grades 6-8
- Grades K-2
- High School
- Infants & Babies
- No Cost
- Outdoor Play
- Toddler Time
- West (Grandville, Jenison, Hudsonville, Jamestown, Allendale)
Download the event to your event calendar:Save to your iCal or
We do our best at Grand Rapids Kids to provide accurate, useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, signs around town and word of mouth. We do our best to confirm details before they are posted here. Sometimes details change or we are given inaccurate information. Whenever possible, we link our write-ups to the source in which our information came from and strongly urge you to confirm details before you go. Grand Rapids Kids is in no way responsible for any problems that occur while participating in activities listed on the site, in the newsletter or on facebook.