Horse Rides, UPick, Corn Maze and More Await
Bring the whole family to Fruit Ridge Hayrides, where you’ll find all things fun and fall!
Located just 30 minutes northwest of Grand Rapids, this scenic, 130-year-old family-run farm has so much to offer. Whether it’s picking apples in the orchard, taking a ride on a horse-drawn wagon, or finding your way through one of the largest corn mazes in Western Michigan, there’s sure to be something for everyone this fall at Fruit Ridge Hayrides!
RELATED: West Michigan UPick Guide
The most challenging corn maze in Western Michigan!
Ready to take on the most advanced and challenging corn maze in Western Michigan? Come tackle the Giant Maize Quest!
This year’s theme is “Let Freedom Ring!”
Highlighting the milestones of our country’s history, the maze celebrates our freedom through 10 whole acres of twists and turns and three interactive games.
Your Kids are too Young for a Corn Maze, You Say?
Fruit Ridge Hayrides has added an exciting new feature this year that makes it possible for families with even younger kids to explore the maze.
An innovative smart-phone app called Maze Tracker uses GPS positioning to pinpoint and follow your exact location in the maze. Simply enter your email address and follow the prompts to ensure that you never get lost again!
Fruit Ridge Hayrides also has a smaller 1-acre Family Corn Maze, designed specifically for those with younger children. Inside, your kids will have a blast playing a finger-painting scavenger hunt as you find your way out together.
Did you know that you can also explore the maze in the dark?
Older kids and adults might enjoy taking the maze to the next level by navigating it in the dark. Every Friday and Saturday the farm is open until 9PM just for late-night adventurers. All you need to bring are a flashlight and some friends.
RELATED: GIGANTIC Grand Rapids Fall Fun Guide
Fruit Ridge Hayrides = All Things Fall and Fun!
There’s so much more to do at Fruit Ridge Hayrides that you may need more than just one day to do it all!
- Take a scenic horse-drawn wagon ride through the woods and orchards.
- Pick your own apples in the orchard–the trees are just the right height for little ones to help with the picking! There are so many varieties to choose from. You can mix and match your bag or stick to one variety. Check the website or call to see which apples are currently ripe.
- Choose the perfect pumpkin in the pumpkin patch, then weigh it in the barn to see if you can set a new record for the largest pumpkin! Also, take advantage of the beautiful scenery for some photo ops.
- Feed and pet llamas, miniature horses, chickens, and the many other animal friends hanging out around the farm.
- Enjoy freshly-made donuts, hot cider, and other delicious snacks! Parents will appreciate the kid-sized picnic tables right beside the grown-up ones. (Or even better, enjoy your snacks by a cozy campfire in the evenings.)
- Let your little ones have a blast on the pony rides, unique pig train, fire engine ride, and the farm-themed play structure.
- Before you leave, be sure and stop by the barn to let your kids (aged 5 and under) find a hidden prize in the “Witch’s Corn Kettle.”
Family-run, family-friendly farms like Fruit Ridge Hayrides are true Michigan treasures. If you haven’t been before, this is the year to do it!