Where Kids can Find Their Favorite Christmas Express
This information is updated for the 2017 season.
There is something magical about trains at Christmas time. Whether it is the site of train tracks wrapped underneath a family’s Christmas tree or watching a holiday favorite like The Polar Express, trains are a holiday tradition for many.
While many families are mourning the loss of the beloved Breton Village Holiday Train, you can still see plenty of festive trains around West Michigan this holiday season.
Find out where you can experience this holiday magic with our list of train displays and ride-on train options in the area.
Display Holiday Trains Around Grand Rapids
- Holiday Train Show in Zeeland. Display runs from November 28 – December 16, 2017. Non perishable food donations accepted for Harvest Stand Ministries. Howard Miller Community Center is in the basement of the Zeeland Library, 14 South Church St, Zeeland, MI 49464.
- Christmas and Holiday Traditions Around the World. Display runs from November 21, 2017 – January 7, 2018. The display train runs through a miniature Grand Rapids village in the Arid area of the indoor Gardens. Train is located at Frederik Meijer Gardens, 1000 East Beltline NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525.
- Model Train Show at Fennville District Library. On display
- November 30 | 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM,
- December 1 | 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- December 2 | 10:00 AM – 2:00 PMSponsored by Lakeshore Model Railroaders. Fennville District Library, 400 West Main Street, Fennville, MI 49408.
Ride-On Trains in West Michigan
- Coopersville Santa Train. Train rides run November 25 – December 24, 2017. Full size train with opportunities to visit with Santa and his elves – each child receives a present. These rides tend to sell out quickly, so be sure to purchase tickets early! Train is located at the Coopersville & Marne Railway, 311 Danforth Street, Coopersville, MI 49404.