CAMPING JUST GOT AN UPGRADE
Ask any camping parent and they’ll tell you camping isn’t a full-fledged relaxation-vacation for the adults. In a lot of ways camping just moves everyday jobs and tasks to a harder-to-keep-clean, rugged location and requires a whole lot of prep and clean-up. But I do it because MY KIDS LOVE CAMPING and I kind of like it, too.
I’ve tent camped most of my life. Even as we added babies to the family mix, we kept on camping. But I must admit, three kids and ten years later, the warm glow of tent camping has lost a little luster. My husband doesn’t get a lot of vacation time, so the past few years I’ve been solo-camping with three small kids in a tent. In the rain.
INCREDIBLE AMENITIES MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY NO
Now imagine my delight when I found out that nearby Silver Lake Resort & Campground (just a 90 minute drive from Grand Rapids) has the following:
- Rustic cabins I can rent so I can camp with walls – without having to pull (and park!) a trailer.
- A heated outdoor swimming pool.
- On-site cappuccinos.
- A SPA PACKAGE!
- Gourmet bathroom facilities.
- A full-scale, onsite convenience store with wine license.
- Outdoor movies every Wednesday and Saturday.
- A great playground.
- Grassy, tree-lined campsites.
- Camping packages that include tickets to popular nearby attractions like Mac Wood’s Dune Rides, Michigan Adventure, Silver Lake Dune Buggy Rentals, and Happy Mohawk River Adventures, to name some.
Needless to say, a trip to Silver Lake and the Silver Lake Resort and Campground is on our summer bucket list!
WHY GO TO SILVER LAKE ON YOUR FAMILY VACATION?
Silver Lake, MI is about a 90 minute drive from Grand Rapids. This family vacation mecca has beaches, dune rides, Craig’s Cruisers and more. There are lots of options right there for you to choose from.
GET GRKIDS WEEKLY UPDATES