Grand Rapids Shaded Playgrounds
When it’s hot outside you don’t have to give up playing on swing sets and monkey bars just because the sun makes them too hot to handle. Use this handy list of Grand Rapids shaded playgrounds to find local play spots that are shady and cool even in the heat of the day.
Note, some of these playgrounds are partially shaded, meaning that they will be sunny at times and shady at others. Thanks to our Facebook readers for helping us put this list together!
12 READER FAVORITE SHADED PARKS
- 4650 Bowen Avenue, Kentwood
- Playground, restrooms, picnic tables and lots of shade!
- Small park.
- 300 Fuller NE, Grand Rapids
- Wooded areas, dog park.
- 8134 – 28th, Jenison
- Very shady.
- Extensive walking and biking trails.
- 5500 Hughes Dr., Hudsonville
- Shaded eating areas
- Park is almost completely shaded
- 370 Lake Street, Caledonia
- Nice wooded area on Emmons Lake.
- 2301 DeHoop Ave, Wyoming
- Two separate play areas; one is geared toward toddlers.
- One mile fitness trail.
- Lots of room to run.
- In Holland, between Columbia and Prospect Avenues and 22nd and 24th Streets.
- Lots of mature trees.
- Play and picnic areas.
- 1101 Richmond NW, Grand Rapids
- As one of Grand Rapids’ oldest parks, it is quite shady.
- And you have the pool to cool off in as well!
- 2001 Monroe Ave NE, Grand Rapids
- Largest park in GR city limits.
- 3650 Versluis Park NE, Grand Rapids
- Shaded playground and picnic area.
- Sunny beach area & fishing dock.
- Costs $10/vehicle to enter between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
- 3391 Wilson Ave, Grandville
- Play and picnic area under the trees.
- Great place to feed the ducks.
- 100 Youell SE, Grand Rapids (Eastown)
- Lots of shade trees make the whole playground enjoyable.
What’s your favorite park for those hot summer days? Let us know in the comments!
Pin this image for future reference!