Who We Are
GRAND RAPIDS KIDS (AKA GRKIDS.COM) fuses social media and traditional web advertising. We connect with families and caregivers across West Michigan as we carry out our mission to “Strengthen families through meaningful activities and information.”
Since inception in 2009, GRkids.com has grown organically through our community. We are a demand-based organization and publish reader-requested materials. This “ask-do” system ensures that we are relevant to the needs of our readers and that our energy is focused where it matters. grkids.com is run by Melody VanderWeide, the founder of the site. She is assisted by a team of work-from-home contributors. This all-woman crew is 100% comprised of mothers, which allows us to be engaged and authentic with our audience.
What We Offer
GRKIDS.COM USES tools like a relevant blog, extensive event calendar and an active
facebook feed to integrate your business, product, or event into our users’ experience.
You’ll also find:
- VARIETY – You will find many ways to interact with our family-focused audience where they’re at.
- PREPACKAGED CAMPAIGNS – Prepackaged campaigns are great for the business that knows what they need. Designed to hit the variety of ways users interact with grkids.com, these are also our best value.
- CUSTOM AD CAMPAIGNS – Perfect for new advertisers, or when you want to put extra emphasis on your business or event. Includes one consultation conversation at no charge.
- A COMMITMENT TO THE LOCAL COMMUNITY – We strive to contribute to a sustainable business and family community where we live. Keeping dollars local is a top priority and we look to support those who support us whenever possible. We are a proud member of Local First.
What our Advertisers Say
If you are just looking to reach moms with kids, then, yes, grkids.com is a good buy. If you are looking to interact with those moms, engage those moms, and bring those moms to your organization, then grkids.com is a great buy!!!Melody consistently offers John Ball Zoo more than a banner ad or an event listing. She looks for solid co-promotions that are good for families and good for advertisers. From blogs, to coupons, to a combination of all,grkids.com offers John Ball Zoo many different ways to reach families at a price that doesn’t break the bank! As an advertiser and as an advocate for kids and families, I endorse and recommend Melody and grkids.com!
– Krys Bylund, Marketing Director at John Ball Zoo Society
As a small business owner who advertises with Grkids.com and a father of young children, I feel like I get ‘two for the price of one.’ On the business side, I am able to reach out to some of my favorite client markets – caring families – via a trusted and respected family centered website. On the personal side, I have all the ‘family friendly’ west Michigan events right at my fingertips. I’ve been known to say ‘if it isn’t on Grkids.com, it probably isn’t worth doing.’ Keep up the great work!
– Mike Lichterman, Lichterman Law, PLC.
We look forward to speaking with you. You may also inquire about advertising by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.