Specialty Shops and Consignment Sales Offer Unique Finds for Kid Gear
I love it when I read about a cool kid’s item online and then find it in one of my favorite local shops. Buying local is very important to me so I always seek out my kids stuff around town before taking to an online retailer.
And I’m even more thrilled when I can find that name brand item in almost new condition at a local mom-2-mom sale. Score! I’ve found Bogs, American Girl, Bum Genius, and more.
If you want to experience the thrill of the find, check out these popular shopping venues around Grand Rapids, as voted on by our readers.
For our GRANDTASTIC AWARDS, parent’s voted for their favorite places to play and live life in greater Grand Rapids, including these top shopping spots.
Best Kids Consignment Stores
Best Children’s Resale
Winner (TIE): Kid to Kid and Once Upon a Child (Alpine/Walker)
Top Children’s Resale Shops
1. Kid to Kid
1. Once Upon a Child (Alpine/Walker)
3. Village Kids Consignment (Ada)
4. Once Upon a Child (Wyoming)
5. Goodwill of Greater Grand Rapids
Best Kids Clothing Stores
Winner: River Babe Threads
Favorite Spots for Children’s Clothing
1. River Babe Threads (Rockford)
2. Kid to Kid
3. Pink Lemonade Boutique (East Grand Rapids)
4. Village Kids Consignment Boutique (Ada)
5. Tip Toes (Holland)
6. Hopscotch Children’s Store
7. Once Upon A Child – Walker
8. Once Upon A Child – Wyoming
9. EcoBuns Baby & Co (Holland)
10. Freshwater Whale Boutique