Summer 2023 at Action Wake Park
In a nutshell, Action Wake Park is a water sports and cable wake-boarding facility located at 3320 Hudson Trails Dr. Hudsonville, MI 49426.
They use overhead cable ski rigs and stunt features (like ramps and rails) to create the ultimate boat-free extreme wakeboarding experience.
And now, they’re adding a waterpark!
And a couple of *exclusive* summer camps – and all new surf camp – just for GRKIDS readers!
Take a look at what’s in store for Action Wake Park this summer – it’s bound to be one of the area’s favorite warm-weather things to do.
Table of Contents
2023 Promises to be a Summer of Fun with Action Wake Park
It’s no secret that West Michigan in the summer is a delight.
And now, with the new Grand Rapids waterpark opening, it promises to be even better!
Action Wake Park is open to all ages and experience levels and is a ton of fun for everyone.
They excel at teaching water sports.
Overhead cable rigs at Action Wake Park
They also teach people how to wake surf behind boats on nearby lakes!
New Waterpark at Action Wake Park
Action Wake Park will be home to Action Aqua Park for the first time this summer.
This inflatable aqua park features 10 elements and is a fantastic option for cooling off on a warm summer day.
The layout of the new waterpark will look something like this:
Aqua Park Open Sessions
Open sessions happen on Weekdays from 4 – 6 pm and on Saturdays from 1 – 6 pm. The park is designed for ages 6+.
- Sessions are 45 minutes long
- Only 25 people allowed per session
- Weekday sessions – $15 per person
- Saturday session – $19 per person
Waterpark Birthday Parties & Corporate Events
Get the private waterpark experience when you book an Aqua Park Birthday Party.
The $199 fee includes 45 minutes of waterpark time, 45 minutes of celebration time,10 guests, a party host, reserved party table, and a birthday person T-shirt.
Add-ons available include additional guests, pizza, ice cream and other amenities.
You can book this package for corporate events, too. They can accommodate up to 25 guests per party.
Birthday Parties can be booked for weekdays at 11:30 am, 12:30 pm, 1:30 pm, or 2:30 pm.
Save on Watersports Summer Camp
Back by popular demand, GRKIDS is excited to bring you TEN special summer camp days at Action Wake Park (This sells out every year!)
Together with Action Wake Sports, we’re offering select watersports camps at an unbeatable price.
If your camper is looking to try watersports for the first time or hone their skills, make new friends, play on the NEW WATERPARK and have a blast in the sun, then these camps are for you.
Day Camp Includes
- Water Park Fun!
- Kneeboarding instruction & practice
- Wakeboarding instruction & practice
- All required equipment is provided, just arrive in a bathing suit and bring some sunscreen/ snacks if you would like
Watersport Summer Camp Schedule:
- Offered Daily from June 19 – 23 and again August 14 – 18
- 8:30 am Check in
- Camp activities: 9 am – noon
- You can sign up for one day, two days, or all of them!
Day Camp Criteria
- No experience is needed just the excitement and drive to give it a try!
- For ages 7 – 16
- Each session is capped at 15 campers (compared to 60 in past years) meaning more time to improve and learn on the water.
Day Camp Pricing
One day of Action Wake Park’s regular summer camp is $99.
Our group is getting you in for $65 per person.
That includes all rental equipment, lessons, and time out on the water and the small group size of just 15 people per camp day.
Good deal, eh?
2-Day Surf Camp on the Lake
Drop the kids off at the lake for a day of surfing and riding in the boat with friends, making memories they will never forget! Our captains will provide personalized instruction to all the riders to help them get the most out of this wakesurf experience!
The overall boating experience, learning Wake Surfing and swimming will be the highlight of their summer!
Surf camp is for Ages 7-15
Dates & Times
Surf camp is offered 2xs this summer: June 13 & 14 and Aug 8 & 9
Tuesday and Wednesday
Boatwerks Waterfront Restaurant on Lake Macatawa
216 Van Raalte Ave, Holland, MI 49423
We keep the boat ready to go at Boatwerks Restaurant and we meet there to load and unload the boat. It’s an awesome location for this.
Good to Know
- Surf Camp is quite a different experience than the cable park because kids are on the boat for duration of camp time. Plus at the Cable Park, campers learn kneeboarding and wakeboarding.
- At Surf Camp, campers experience Wake Surfing. This is a little different than what happens a the park, as it emulates traditional surfing.
- Each of the CPR Certified boat captains are highly qualified and dedicated water sports enthusiasts. They’ll maneuver the vessel in a way that makes it as easy as possible to get up while wakesurfing. They’re also excellent coaches! Want to learn tricks during your time at Surf camp? They can coach throughout your time on the boat.
- Parents are not allowed on the boat for this camp due to space limitations on the boat.
What to bring
- Campers should bring/wear a bathing suit, towel, sunscreen, extra snacks and water.
- No lunch will be provided during the boat day.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your reservation!
Full price for the 2 day camp is $245.
Sign up through GRKIDS with our discounted price and get it for $210!
Max 10 kids per camp
Can I drop my kids off at watersports day camp?
Parents or a responsible adult need to remain on site for this event. If you have younger kids in tow, bring a blanket and hang out on the grassy lawn or play yard games while you wait.
Is there an age limit?
This event is geared toward kids ages for this event is 7 – 16. The child needs to be water safe – comfortable going into deep water while wearing a life jacket.
What do I need to bring?
All equipment will be provided. You will need to bring a swimsuit, towel, and a good attitude.
What if there is bad weather?
Rain will not stop operations of the park or event. However, to maintain everyone’s safety, we will temporarily discontinue operations if lightning is within 10 miles of the park or winds exceeding 20MPH.
After the lightning passes outside of the 10-mile radius for 30 minutes or wind dies down, we will resume operations. In the event that the park must shut down due to weather conditions, your pass is immediately frozen, and your time will not resume until we reopen that day.
If we have to close for the remainder of the day, you will be issued a rain check. However, if you choose to leave during a temporary shutdown, your pass will expire. All riders who have made a reservation will be notified and asked to reschedule or postpone.
* Cancellation notifications will be decided and announced at least 1 hr 30 Min prior to the event start time.
Notifications will be sent through the email provided at signup.
* Additional TEXT ALERTS can be signed up for by TEXTING @actionwa to 81010 or follow this link HERE to signup.
Do we need a waiver?
All participants need signed waivers. Save time by doing this in advance. WAIVER