Where to Find Kids’ Summer Reading Programs Around Grand Rapids
These are grkids.com reader-recommended summer reading programs that will help your kids fight summer brain drain. Our list is updated for 2017.
Is there a summer reading program that we missed? Let us know in the comments below!
Grand Rapids Area Summer Reading Programs – 2017
- Runs June 1 – August 31
- The summer reading program, #AdventuresinMichigan, can be registered for in-store.
- Runs May 16 – September 5
- Step 1. Read any eight books this summer and record them in your Summer Reading Journal (English or Español). Tell us which part of the book is your favorite, and why
- Step 2. Bring your completed journal to a Barnes & Noble store between May 16th and September 5th, 2017. Find a Store
- Step 3. Choose your FREE reading adventure from the book list featured on the back of the journal.
- Book Adventure is a fun, free way to motivate your child to read!
- Kids in grades K-8 can search for books, read them offline, come back to quiz on what they’ve read, and earn prizes for their reading success.
- Looking for a great way to reward your kids? How about free tokens on their next visit to Chuck E. Cheese’s? Print out their free rewards calendar to get started.
- Download and print out the calendar.
- Mark the days off with a pen or sticker as your child accomplishes their goals.
- Bring in the completed calendars to Chuck E. Cheese’s and receive 10 free tokens as a reward!
- Registration opens June 12 – 17.
- It’s that time of year again! The 2017 theme is: “Build a Better World”. Everyone from babies to teens can participate. Read to win prizes all summer long, and attend free performances and programs each week!
- Runs May 29 – September 5.
- Build a Better World this summer at the Grand Rapids Public Library! Sign up for this free summer-long program to participate in fun events and get rewarded for reading. For kids 19 and under.
- Runs June 1 – August 21.
- Each participant must acquire a “Read & Win form” to record their reading time on. Forms may be picked up at the local Library, the Fairgrounds office, or by printing it directly off the web site.
- The participant must bring the completed “Read & Win form” to the Hudsonville Community Fairgrounds office between 12 noon and 6:00 PM Tuesday of the Fair. For every 90 minutes you read you will receive 1 carnival ride ticket. (Limit 5 tickets per participant.)
- All “Read & Win forms” will also be placed into a drawing for a Boy’s and a Girl’s bike that will be taking place approximately 8:00 PM Tuesday night of the Fair.
- Runs June 5 – August 12.
- Put your creativity to work this summer as you read, learn and engage in new experiences at KDL! Sign up online at READsquared starting June 1 or pick up your paper registration form at your nearest KDL branch. Log your summer reading activity and earn prizes!
- Prizes will be available for pickup at your nearest KDL branch starting Wednesday, July 5. (If you finish earlier than that, please wait until July 5 to claim your prize.)
- In addition, everyone who completes summer reading will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win one of 10 iPad minis!
- Beat the “summer slide” by downloading and printing our summer activities that will keep your kids reading throughout the summer months. Using our summer activities, your kids are one step closer to beating the slide, setting them up for another successful school year.
- Runs May 8 – September 8.
- The Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge is a free online reading program for children.
- Read and log minutes all summer. Unlock stories and earn rewards. Enter for a chance to win Klutz books!
- Runs June 3 – August 31
- Schuler Books & Music’s Summer Reading Club encourages children to discover the joy of reading. All children K through grade 8 are invited to join. Readers can earn up to three $5.00 Schuler Books & Music coupons.
Pin this image for future reference!