Kids Love the Bouncy Turf at Frog Hollow Park
2050 Metro Court SW, Wyoming, MI 49519
fully accessible, toddler friendly playground
Dogs Allowed? Yes, but they must be on a 10-foot leash.
Facilities: Enclosed bathrooms open 10 AM- 8 PM, May 1-Sept 30.
Stroller Friendly? Yes
Time of Year Accessible: May 1 – September 30, about 8 AM – 10 PM
|This article is proudly presented by John Ball Zoo. We thank them for their support!|
Exciting adventures area happening at John Ball Zoo in 2023! Come see the new animals and join us for all the favorite, fun events. More details at JBZoo.org.
Frog Hollow Park is tucked back behind Metro Health Hospital in Wyoming and is popular for keeping kids laughing and playing for hours.
Frog Hollow offers many different play structures for kids, including frogs, slides, telescopes and lots of objects to climb. Built from a grant from the W.K. Kellogg Corporation in 2005, Frog Hollow is designed to allow all children (those with and without disabilities) to play and explore together.
Frog Hollow Park is one of over 85 parks with playgrounds in west Michigan.
More Details About Frog Hollow Park
This is a great park for toddlers and preschoolers! There are many accessible play structures, and much of the ground is rubberized. The fenced in area provides added security so parents can let littles explore without worry.
The variety of play options also makes it great for families with big age gaps between their kids – here you will find something for everyone!
Frog Hollow Park at a Glance
- Simply a playground
- Encourages kids to explore and use their imaginations as they
- Climb the mini rock wall or giant plastic rock structure
- Ample things to hop, skip or jump.
- Rubberized ground
Tips from Other Parents
- There is minimal shade on the playground so protect your kid’s skin accordingly.
- Park planners were smart and created only one entrance/exit to the fenced in playground, so there’s a lot less worry about a kid accidentally wandering off.
- If you go on a Thursday you can also hit up the Metro Health Farm Market (5900 Byron Center Avenue SW) and get some tasty eats for your visit!
- Speaking of tasty eats, they have a nice pavilion space with a nearby bathroom so bring a lunch and make a day of it. Plenty of grassy areas as well.
- There is one parking lot at the park and on busy days it can be near capacity.
Map of Grand Rapids Parks and Trails
Find your next outdoor adventure near you with this map of the best hiking trails, playgrounds, and parks in West Michigan.