Kid-Friendly Breweries Around Beer City, USA
Here is the list compiled by YOU, our readers, full of YOUR favorite kid and family friendly breweries around Grand Rapids. Do you know of any more? Please tell us in the comments below and also tell us why.
There was a lot of data to sort through and a scoring system was set up. Scoring involved how many times a restaurant was mentioned and what amenities were mentioned.
GRKIDS READERS’ TOP 10 KID-FRIENDLY BREWERIES
1 – Founders Brewing Company
With several award-winning brews, Founders Brewing Company is known for their complex, in-your-face ales.
2 – The Mitten Brewing Company
Located on Grand Rapids’ west side, The Mitten Brewing Company is a vintage baseball-themed microbrewery/pizzeria that even allows dogs on the deck. Everybody comes for the excellent beer, superb pizza and mega-sized soft pretzel. Parents will love the pizza flight, and kids can choose favorites from the kids’ menu.
3 – Perrin Brewing Company
Located in Comstock Park, Perrin Brewing Company has between 18-25 beers on tap, affordable and delicious food, and weekly specials–like game night and trivia night–to meet everyone’s needs. Here’s what the readers say:
- “Perrin is definitely kid-friendly and has awesome food.”
- “Our kids love Perrin!”
#4 Brewery Vivant
Patrons of Brewery Vivant will enjoy Belgian and French inspired beers, alongside their European inspired food. This is what the readers say:
- “Brewery Vivant is our choice when we’re bringing kids with. Their high quality food extends to the kids menu as well, which is a plus.”
- “We love Brewery Vivant. Super kid friendly. In the summer they even have an outdoor sandbox.”
#5 Harmony Brewing Company
Harmony Brewing Company offers two options: a neighborhood brew-pub with wood fired pizzas in Eastown and a second location on the Westside of Grand Rapids with German beer hall influences. This is what the readers say:
- “Harmony is our go to. Amazing food. Amazing beer.”
- “Harmony is a brewery I feel comfortable taking my 2 year old to.”
The following breweries, #6-9, ranked so closely together they nearly all claimed sixth place together!
#6 Cedar Springs Brewing Company
Cedar Springs Brewing Company offers patrons freshly crafted beverages and a flavorful menu, featuring fresh pub fare and a traditional German Bavarian menu. This is what the readers say:
- “Cedar Springs Brewery is great. Not in Grand Rapids, but worth the drive!! They have coloring pages for the kids and homemade pop!”
- “Cedar Springs brewery is very family friendly, affordable, and has a good kid’s menu too”
#7 Grand Rapids Brewing Company
Grand Rapids Brewing Company gives patrons a taste of the city by offering several beers brewed to honor Grand Rapids heritage, leaders, and landmarks, as well as the Grand Rapids Brewing Company family. This is what the readers say:
- “They don’t have kids menu per se, but they have kid-friendly options. Plus the waitress was super nice to our daughter and let her have whatever she liked from the bloody mary bar for free (carrots, cheese, veggies, etc).”
- “Grand Rapids Brewing is a brewery I feel comfortable taking my 2 year old to.”
#8 Hideout Brewing Company
At Hideout Brewing Company, patrons will enjoy live music, relax in their beer garden, or challenge friends to a classic video game located in their upstairs lounge, all while enjoying their craft beer. This is what the readers say:
- “The hideout has lots of games that are family fun.”
#9 New Holland Brewing Pub
Located in downtown Holland, New Holland Brewing Pub offers craft beer, a full food menu, live music and even boasts a kids’ night during the summer. This is what the readers say:
- “New Holland Brewing Pub on 8th is very family friendly…they even have children’s activities on their back patio each week in the summer. The last one they did was kids yoga. Other times they’ll do a theme like superheroes. Usually includes live music. They will post on their site when one is coming up but at the pub they’ll have a poster up with multiple dates listed
#10 Osgood Brewing
Osgood Brewing in Grandville features quality craft beer, cider and wine, unique and delicious pizza, pasta, sandwiches, appetizers, and salads–plus a separate kids’ menu full of kid-favorite options. This is what the readers say:
- “Osgood Brewing in Grandville is family friendly and has awesome pizza AND beer.”
- “We had my 7 year old’s family birthday dinner at Osgoods; it’s one of his favorite restaurants.”
More Kid-Friendly Breweries in West Michigan
- “Elk Brewing on Wealthy has lots of games. The patio also has lawn games set up in the spring/summer.”
- Gravel Bottom Craft Brewery & Supply in Ada is wonderful: games, BYO food, big grassy outdoor area to run and play on a beautiful day! They have a new location in downtown Ada. Indoor and outdoor seating—antsy kids can run around on the patio outside. Right now they have flatbreads, but will be expanding the menu. They have board games or bring your own to play. The owners are very welcoming to kids of all ages.
- Latitude 42 Brewing Company in Portage is AMAZING! Their food and beer are fabulous and they have a corner dedicated to kids! There are games and toys and a play kitchen. The most ffamily-friendly brewery–actually, restaurant–we’ve ever been to.”
- “Oddside Ales in Grand Haven. We brought in cookies from the bakery next door and even stayed to dance with the live band they had. Other parents were there with their kids with tablets watching movies so we sat with them.”
- “Old Boys’ Brewhouse in Spring Lake is awesome. You can sit outside in the summer and watch the boats.”
- “Railtown Brewing Company in Dutton! They have games and coloring books for kids. The whole side is windows so we have even let our kids go play in the grass outside. Plus, you can order pizza from Carmelo’s two doors down and bring it in.”
- My husband is a co-owner of Rockford Brewing Company and we have a 5-year-old and 3 year old who are there several times a week. The staff are great with our kids, and we have root beer we make as well as Italian and French sodas. Until we get our kitchen this summer, we have pizza on the menu which the kids love! We also have kids’ yoga on Saturdays every few weeks. We are right off the White Pine so families come in all the time. It’s also fun to see the kids dancing when we have live music too. Not to mention other family summer events we do like “Tie Dye the Fly”. I’ve even had my daughters birthday party there recently (can book the upstairs for events like parties).”
- Triple Root in Zeeland is family friendly. Coloring books and games are on the tables. The cookies are great (so is the beer). They go out of their way to create an environment where kids & families are welcome. In the summer they have an outdoor area with chalk, jump ropes, etc.
- Big Lake Brewingin Holland is family friendly. It’s a big open space, there are tv’s, kids dont need to be quiet and they’ll love the food. My kids like it!
- City Built Brewing Company on Monroe has a a play area in the corner with toys!
- Two Guys Brewing in Wyoming is where the kids can get flights of Detroit Soda. My kids love trying different flavors and comparing them. They have games and coloring books for kids.
- Trail Point in Allendale – they have a sitting area outside they also have board games my son loves to play along with food trucks!
- DeHop’s Brewing Company – in Standale. It has games upstairs, good food, and a cool way to order.
- Brass Ring Brewery in Alger Heights – Great for kids. They have a turkey/chees/cracker plate that comes with apple slices and yogurt. My youngest thinks it’s great. The outdoor patio just opened. Great kids menu!
- Farm Haus Cider in Hudsonville – Adorable outdoor space for kids to be a little loud if needed. They also have nonalcoholic cider.
- Thornapple Brewing – there is food all of us like. Good pizza. Good kids menu.
- Pike 51 Brewing Company and Hudsonville Winery – Love their outdoor area with bag sets this time of year, and mug root beer for kiddos.
- Cellar Brewing Company in Sparta is very family friendly. I have been there when they’ve shown family-friendly movies on a big screen and I just checked their calendar and they have a mommy and me cookies and canvas event coming up. And OMG their food is soooo amazing!!!
- Three Blondes Brewing in South Haven is close to opening and will have a kid-friendly patio with sidewalk chalk, upscale pub food and amazing kids menu.
- Jolly Pumpkin GR – They were amazing as soon as I walked in with my car seat! Thay have a good kids menu and really fast service.
- Vander Mill