Places to Find Support in this Wild Ride Called Parenting
The parenting journey is tough and it’s inadvisable to go it alone.
Find your place among friends and gain support, fun and health!
This guide is a roundup of parenting groups in the West Michigan area and will help you find one in your community.
If you know of others that should be included, please leave us a comment.
You May Also Like: Grand Rapids Parenting Classes and Resources
Parenting Groups Around Grand Rapids
- MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) | Groups meet around town at various locations, usually in churches. Caters to the needs of the mother with young children.
- Bright Beginnings | Bright Beginnings program includes the following services: Personal home visits, playgroups/parent meetings, developmental screening, resource network, nutrition information resources. Bright Beginnings is available to ALL families in Kent County with children birth to Kindergarten entry. FREE.
- Moms in Tow | Moms in Tow LLC provides moms and expecting moms a way to find great discounts, meet others for social events, and attend healthy and educational activities in West Michigan. Serving Holland.
- A Father’s Walk Single Dad Ministry | “A Father’s Walk” is a ministry designed to help ALL single dads grow in their walk with Christ through discipleship, events, and various resources. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call (616) 581-4409 or visit their Facebook page.
- Daddy Daughter Time | This group helps any Dad spend time with his daughter. Focuses on events that are free or heavily discounted and designed for the Dad/Daughter duo. Strives to get Dads with daughters talking to each other about their daughters. You can also join their Facebook page.
- St Patrick’s MOM’s Group – 920 Fulton St | The MOMS (Mothers Of Many Seasons) is a group of women who are mothers of any age or stage of mothering. We gather weekly for social, emotional, spiritual, and practical support in our busy ministries of motherhood. Meets every Thursday at 9:30 am. Childcare is available. [clear]
- MOMS Club of Grand Haven | The MOMS Club of Grand Haven, a chapter of the International MOMS Club, is a non-profit support group for all women who have chosen to stay home (full-time or part-time) with their children. We offer frequent playdates, a monthly Mom’s Night Out, monthly member meetings, and much more.
- Moms of Grand Rapids | An organization that creates a place for mothers to feel a part of a larger community of women who are experiencing the challenges that all mothers face, not only in raising children but also in fulfilling their sense of self and self-worth. We are a volunteer-driven organization that connects mothers of all ages, with children of all ages. It includes those who have left the paid workplace and those who are working for pay part-time, full-time and everything in between. Local chapter meetings are held at Schuler Books in the Studio Room (2660 28t St, Grand Rapids, 49512) on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday of each month from 7:00-9:00 PM.
- Grand Rapids Mothers of Twins (Multiples) Club | This club is designed to aid families of multiples in the area. Meetings are monthly. Stay connected via their Facebook page.
- Newcomers Club of Grand Rapids | The Newcomers Club of Greater Grand Rapids is an all-volunteer organization established to help individuals new to the Grand Rapids area or who have experienced a change in circumstances to make friends, find people who share common interests and hobbies, become acquainted with the area and to participate in various community projects.
- Great Start Collaborative | The Great Start Collaborative is made up of committed parents from all over the county who want to ensure a GREAT START for their own children and all children in the community. Their mission is to increase parents’ skills, knowledge, and participation in early childhood planning and decision making in the community.
- Mocha Moms | This group focuses on supporting stay-at-home-moms of color, but is open to everyone. For more information or to join, email email@example.com.
- MOMS Club of Grand Rapids – North | We are a group of mainly stay-at-home moms. As a club, we offer lots of activities geared towards moms and children. Except for the occasional moms’ night out, our activities are during the day and children are always welcome. Our club includes women with varying interests, ages, and lifestyles, however we come together with the important goal of raising healthy, happy children.
- Momtourage (4411 Plainfield NE) | We are a group of young moms, from different walks of life and different areas of town. We come together on Thursday mornings to be encouraged, uplifted and to strengthen our relationship with each other and with the Lord. On top of all that, we have FREE child care so we can know that it will be a break and a time to relax during our busy weeks. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org or (616) 647-1111.
- Seymour MOPS (840 Alger St SE) | For mothers with preschool aged kids (kindergarten and under). We meet at Seymour Church in Alger Heights on the 1st Friday of each month 9:15-11:30 am (childcare provided) and the 3rd Thursday of each month 7-9:30 pm (no childcare provided).
- Berkley Hills Moms Connect (1670 Ball Ave NE) | Moms Connect is an opportunity for mothers of all ages and stages of motherhood to connect with other moms to grow in Christ and Community.
- Moms Club South | MOMS Club is a non-profit support group, specifically aimed at meeting the needs of mothers who choose to stay at home with their children part or full time.
- MOMS Club of Kentwood, Cascade and Caledonia | MOMS Club is available for stay-at-home moms with any age children. You don’t have to leave the club just because your kids go to school. Stay connected on their Facebook page.
- MomBreak | Mom Break, formerly a MOPS group, is a program designed to nurture mothers with children from infancy to kindergarten. Meetings are held the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month from 9:30 to 11:00 am at First Reformed Church in Grandville.
- Ridge Point MOMS (340 104th Ave, Holland) | The MOMS ministry is a group of moms of young children who meet together to be encouraged and build relationships with others in the same season of life. We recognize that being a parent of young children can be exhausting and exhilarating all at the same time! MOMS meets moms where they are and is that extra voice of encouragement. We would love for you to join us on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month beginning each fall.
- Holland Area Mothers of Multiples | Mothers of twins, triplets quads or more from the Holland, MI area, who meet on the second Friday of the month at 7pm, at Providence Church – Ottawa Ave.
- Mom’s Time Out (3617 Hillcrest) | Mom’s Time Out is an outreach to moms of all ages- new moms, stepmoms, moms with school aged or teenaged children, and grandmothers will all be welcome! There will be four key elements to our meetings: Friends, Food, Faith and Fun! Put all these together and you have a happy mom! Mom’s Time Out meets the first Friday night of the months of October through May, from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM. We meet in The Hill at Hillcrest CRC.
- Moms Unplugged (2900 Baldwin Street) | Moms Unplugged is a place for moms to be real, have fun and develop Christ-centered relationships. Meets on the first and third Wednesday of each month from 9:15 AM – 11:00 AM in The Rock and childcare and children’s program will be available for children age 5 and under in the 100 wing.
- Connect4Moms (1260 Chicago Drive) |Come and join Connect4Moms for a great morning of fellowship and encouragement with other moms! Child care is provided and you can begin dropping your child(ren) off as early as 9:15 am. Our meeting runs from 9:30-11:30 am. We meet at Grace Bible Fellowship in Jenison. Meets the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month.
- MOPs and MOMS Next (Moms of Muskegon) | Moms Of Muskegon is about supporting, encouraging and learning from each other in our journey of motherhood using Christian values as our base. All moms with a child from zero to high school are welcome to join us. Childcare is provided. $50.00 for the year (Sept – Apr.) or $30 for Fall and $40 for Winter.
- Moms Club of Rockford, MI | A support group for all full or part-time at-home mothers. The MOMS Offering Moms Support® (MOMS) Club aims to provide support, friendship and a sense of community to moms and their families through opportunities such as monthly “Chapter Chat” meetings, playgroups, MOMS Night Out and more.
Pin this image for future reference!
Know a friend looking for a group? Share our list!