Moving with your family is a challenging experience made easier with the right help.
Are you getting ready to move your family to a new home in greater Grand Rapids? Whether you’re just moving in Grand Rapids to one town over or coming in from out of state, setting up in a new neighborhood is a lot of work! If you’re trying to find a good fit neighborhood for you, use our handy scouting trip!
As parents who have all moved at some point in time in Grand Rapids, our team has gathered helpful information and resources for you on this page. We are here to help make your move as seamless and smooth as possible, so take a look and share this page with friends who are on the move as well.
Want a hard copy? Download our Moving to Grand Rapids - Star Here (50) printable!
Moving to Grand Rapids – Which Neighborhood Will You Love Most?
- Do you enjoy city-living and walkable neighborhoods? Check out our GR – City and Neighborhoods page.
- Looking for a home close to the Lakeshore? Visit our Lakeshore Area (Grand Haven, Holland, Muskegon, Zeeland) page.
- Whether it’s the charm of downtown Ada or the beauty of Reed’s Lake in EGR, there is much to love about the areas East of GR. Learn more here – East (East GR, Forest Hills, Ada, Cascade).
- Are you looking for a quieter, suburban area to settle in with your family? West Michigan offers 18 suburban communities for you to consider. Make your house hunting easier and learn more about the following bedroom communities that surround GR: Northeast, Northwest, Southeast, West.
- Are you drawn to small town life that’s still only a short drive away from the amenities of Grand Rapids? These towns southwest of GR may be right for you – Southwest (Wyoming, Byron Center, Wayland, Dorr).