Map of Grand Rapids Restaurants You’ll Want to Try
Find your next date night with this map of great date restaurants near you! Read on to see what delicious eats each establishment offers.
5 Favorite Grand Rapids Date Night Restaurants to Try
We went into detail on our top five. Every place on this list is a solid choice for a special night out, depending on your interests.
1. Blue Water Grill | 5180 Northland Drive, Grand Rapids, MI | 616-363-5900
Depending on your mood or the company you are with, you can choose to sit in the dining room, the bar area, outside on the patio, or in the open lower level. All have a lovely view of Versluis Lake. We personally love to sit in the lower open level. It’s more casual and usually there is live music. Try splitting the Blu Bar Egg Rolls and the Chili Crusted Burger!
2. Maru | 927 Cherry St SE, Grand Rapids, MI | 616-458-1900
The freshest fish paired with organic produce leads to amazing sushi! We always start out with a tasty cocktail paired with the Sexy Bacon. In the warmer months, we sit outside. If it is chilly, it is so fun to sit side-by-side at the sushi bar and watch the magic.
3. The Old Goat | 2434 Eastern Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI | 616-288-6976
The Old Goat has been serving the families of Alger Heights since 2015. They cook and make drinks from scratch, which keeps us coming back. Serious comfort food with a twist. If you can, try to make it out on German Night. They have live music and food specials that will remind you of your grandma’s cooking: Sauerbraten, Weiner Schnitzel, Kielbasa Platter, House Made Sauerkraut, Braised Red Cabbage, and Mashed Potatoes with Gravy. Need I say more?
4. Zeytin | 7437 River Street SE, Ada MI | 616-682-2222
This hidden gem in Ada features delicious traditional Turkish food. The atmosphere is understated, but accented with comfy Turkish pillows in the booths. The tomato spinach soup is amazing on a chilly night and the wide selection of entrees are made from scratch. It all makes for a truly unique experience.
5. Grove | 919 Cherry St SE, Grand Rapids MI | 616-454-1000
Grove is an excellent farm-to-table restaurant. We love the option of the Taste of Grove! It offers a 3-course dinner at a very reasonable cost, allowing us to choose different options and the ability to sample a lot of the menu. The menu changes daily. If you have a picky eater, make sure to call after 5:00 PM for the dinner menu.
The Big List of Grand Rapids Restaurants that Couples Love for Date Night
- San Chez – A Tapas Bistro, blending European, Latin American and Mediterranean cuisine.
- Leo’s – Long-time local restaurant, featuring seafood and classic cuisine.
- Luna – Farm-to-table taqueria, specializing in Latin cuisine.
- Bistro Bella Vita – Essence Restaurant Group establishment, specializing in Mediterranean and Italian cuisine
- Osteria Rossa – Casual eatery specializing in rustic Italian cuisine featuring local ingredients
- Wheelhouse Kitchen & Cocktails – A Meritage Hospitality Group restaurant offering a contemporary twist on classic American bistro fare
- Cygnus 27 – Sophisticated restaurant and cocktail lounge, featuring a Latin-inspired menu: Amway Grand Plaza
- Lumber Baron Bar – Historic bar serving premium drinks and appetizers: Amway Grand Plaza
- The Bull’s Head Tavern – Local restaurant specializing in American fare
- HopCat – Grand Rapids born American pub with ultimate deliciousness: Cosmik Fries
- Reserve Wine and Food – Go-to spot for cheese, charcuterie and exceptional wine
- ROAM by San Chez – Global street food from the team that created San Chez
- The Chop House – Prime American steak house, a Mainstreet Ventures restaurant
- Linear Restaurant – Farm-fresh American
- Ruth’s Chris – American steakhouse:Amway Grand
- Six.One.Six – French inspired cuisine: J.W. Marriott
- Pho 616 – Family owned, traditional Vietnamese food and coffee
- Aperitivo – Full service cheese and charcuterie counter and bar
- Rockwell Republic – Gastropub with eclectic, seasonal cuisine
Downtown to East Grand Rapids
- Rose’s – Casual American, Gilmore Collection restaurant
- Matchbox Diner & Drinks – Old school diner and delicatessen serving classic dinner food and drinks and a handful of seasonal entrees
- The Green Well – Essence Restaurant Group Gastro Pub
- Brewery Vivant – LEED certified micro brewery, featuring Belgian and French inspired beer alongside European fare
- 7 Monks Taproom – Serving world class beer and fantastic food
- Carolina Low Country Kitchen – Three local restaurateurs who joined forces to bring the flavors of South Carolina lowcountry to the GR area
- Donkey Taqueria – Full service bar, serving authentic Mexican food
- The Electric Cheetah – Local restaurant, serving real food made from scratch using local and organic ingredients
- Terra – Local farm-fresh American
- The Commons – 70’s style lounge
- Palio – Authentic Tuscan-style cuisine, Mainstreet Ventures Restaurant
- Marcona on Lyon – Modern Mediterranean cuisine
- Danzon Cubano – Authentic Cuban
- Salvatore’s – Italian, family-run business with old-Italian favorites
- The Søvengård– Scandinavian, biergarten and kitchen featuring hyper-local and seasonally based cuisine and drinks
- The Knickerbocker – Brewpub and distillery serving fresh-made beer-centric food
- The Jolly Pumpkin – pizzeria and brewery
- Butcher’s Union – American, exquisite food, inspired cocktails and an unrivaled whiskey collection
- Shang Hai Ichiban – Family-run Asian fine dining, featuring a Japanese Steakhouse, Chinese Dining and Sushi Bar
- Shiraz Grille – Authentic Persian
- Ju Sushi & Lounge – Sushi Lounge, featuring traditional Japanese entrees and a unique dining experience
- Tokyo Grill & Sushi – Bringing the best Japanese sushi and cuisine to the area
- Thai Chef – Family owned Thai restaurant
- Melting Pot – Dinner and dessert fondue
- Licari’s – Sicilian pizza kitchen
- Bravo Cucina Italiana – Fresh, simple authentic Italian
Comstock Park / North
- Amore Trattoria Italiana – Italian, award-winning, family-run business
- Mill Creek Tavern – American, food and spirits
- Perrin Brewing Company – Brewery serving pub fare
Hudsonville / Jenison / Grandville
- Rush Creek Bistro – American, casual dining atmosphere
- Hudsonville Grille – American, locally owned, family-friendly
- Sonder Eatery – American, local, farm-fresh
- The Win Tavern 33 – Specializing in Michigan craft beers, pub fare accelerated
- Licari’s – Sicilian pizza kitchen
Walker & Northwest
- Walker Roadhouse– Casual, yet an intimate atmosphere, with a diverse American menu
- Westside Social – American tavern style
Is your favorite on this list? Or do you have another special spot that you like to hit up with your date?
Pin this image for future reference!