Pinewood Park is Vast and Offers Something for Every Age
Pinewood Park is a large open area park offering playing fields and courts, colorful play structures, a covered pavilion, and a splash pad! Families love the spacious area that has play options for all ages.
Pinewood Park is one of over 85 playgrounds in west Michigan.
Details About Pinewood Park
Located in the heart of Kentwood’s Princeton Estates neighborhood and open year round, Pinewood Park has two entrances. Their listed address (2000 Wolfboro Dr SE, Kentwood, MI 49508) will take you to the entrance closest to the splash pad.
Pinewood Park at a Glance
- Lots of open area
- Soccer field
- Baseball diamond
- Skateboarding ramps
- Basketball courts
- Lots of playground area
- Two pavilions
Toddlers will love Pinewood Park. Besides the play structures, there is a sandy area for digging and playing, and the splash pad would obviously be a delight for toddlers.
The covered pavilion has a lot of seating and there are plenty of trash cans nearby. No grills.
Splash Pad at Pinewood Park
The splash pad at Pinewood Park is great for kids of all ages.
Toddlers will love the small, rotating frogs that gently spray water.
Fountains that shoot up from the pavement are great for dipping your toes and creating footprints.
Several taller features invite for adventurous kids to come cool off beneath them.
Benches and grassy areas alongside the splash pad are great for watchful parents and the restrooms are nearby as well.
Tips for Your Trip from Other Parents
- The splash pad water is COOLLLDDD.
- Bring your own water to drink, as there are no drinking fountains.
- There is only one bathroom (one toilet) so take a restroom break before heading to the park.
- This is a great park for airplane loving kids – I was there a half hour and 5 planes flew overhead!
- Wear sunscreen – this place is in full sun.
- Plenty of open space to fly a kite and blow bubbles.
- There are TWO entrances. There is one by the splash pad and one by the baseball diamond, that is a short walk to the splash pad.
Map of Grand Rapids Parks and Trails
Find your next outdoor adventure near you with this map of the best hiking trails, playgrounds, and parks in West Michigan.