A Bit about Cascade Township Park
Cascade Park is easy to get to, located just off of I-96 at Exit 44 (36th St exit).
What you’ll find is a large park with a lot of open space. Trees line the perimeter, but the majority of the park is sunny. Recent park improvements have seen the addition of basketball courts, pickleball courts, a fenced-in dog area, and revamped accessible playground.
Tips for Your Trip from other Parents
- It’s a fun park if you have a child that likes airplanes. It’s close to the airport and planes are flying low.
- If you’re bringing bikes or scooters, the flattest part of the 1-mile paved loop is by the sand volleyball court. Most of the loop involves hills, though, so not the best for beginning riders.
- The playground is too far from the parking lot for you to stay in your car and watch the kids from a distance. Park benches are provided near the play equipment.
- Bring your lunch bags and necessities with you to the playground so you don’t have to go back to the car to retrieve.
- There are some great walking/running/biking trails through the woods but be prepared for mosquitoes.
- This is a popular disc golf course…give it a try, it’s fun! But also keep an eye out for errant frisbees!
- There is minimal shade on the playground so protect your kid’s skin accordingly.