Where to Get Kid Haircuts in West Michigan
Stylists who cut little kids’ hair are saints, in my book. My kids are often squirmy, chatty, and just can’t keep their head in one position during a haircut.
Luckily, there are some amazing people around town who are great with kids and can handle the few extra challenges kids throw at them while getting a haircut.
Here are the four most recommended local places for kids haircuts…listed along with parent comments from our Facebook community.
If your favorite place didn’t make the list, please leave us a comment and let us know!
4 Top-Voted Places for Kids Haircuts in Grand Rapids
1 – Great Clips
Various locations around West Michigan
- “Great Clips in the Cascade Meijer has been great for my boys!”
- “They always do a good job.”
2 – JCPenney
Locations in Grandville, Kentwood and Muskegon
- “My kids love Amy at the Rivertown location.”
3 – Plainfield Barber Shop
3913 Plainfield Ave NE | Grand Rapids, MI 49525
- “I love it there! We always get compliments on the cuts. Plus, nothing comes close to the real barber cut we get there.”
4 – Sports Clips
6 locations throughout Grand Rapids
- “My little guy loves Sports Clips on East Beltline and 28th.”
Other Reader-Recommended Hair Salons for Kids
- Ada Barber Shop
- Brindle & Blonde
- Cascade Barber Shop
- Cheeky Strut
- Di Trapani Jerry Barber Shop
- Douglas J Aveda Institute
- Jude’s Barbershop
- Kings Room Barbershop (inside Rogers Plaza)
- Rockford Barber Shop
- Serendipity Hair Design
- SJ Design Hair Studio
- The Hair Studio
If your favorite(s) didn’t make the list, be sure to get in on the conversation next time we post a question on Facebook OR add yours to the list by commenting below.