A Bit about Hager Park
Hager Park is THE park to visit if you live near Jenison!
This very popular 104-acre park offers hours of play and fun for anyone who wants to be outdoors. Kids can fly kites or walk the extensive nature trails. And there are probably enough cool, shaded picnic tables throughout the park to seat you and everyone you know!
But it’s the Age of Discovery Playground that has kids flocking to Hager Park. It’s HUGE and has endless opportunities for adventurous play.
Tips for Your Trip from Other Parents
- Much of the main play area is in full sun, including the shiny hot metal slides. Warn kids about the slides if you go on a sunny day.
- Put kids in shoes and socks to prevent them getting splinters from the wood chips mixed in with the sand.
- Parents love that there is a lot of space for kids to play.
- However, since it is so vast and made of wood, it’s difficult to keep track of your kids as there is no straight line of vision.
- It’s a really fun place to picnic, with loads of shaded picnic tables.
- The mature hardwood forest is said to have spectacular spring wildflowers in April and May.
- There is a second playground in the woods, if you keep driving past the main play structure and follow the road as it curves to the right:
Grab Your Coffee and Head to the Park
Tap the map icons to reveal the park address and the location of the nearest BIGGBY.
The BIGGBY closest to Hager Park is located at 3743 Baldwin St, Hudsonville, MI 49426.
Have Tips or Questions about Hager Park?
Leave us a comment below and we will get back to you!
MORE PARKS TO EXPLORE
Note: As of the summer of 2019, the beach is a bit narrower than it has been in past years (as many area beaches seem to be shrinking this year). There is still room [...]
Michigan is the Ultimate Beach State We are spoiled in West Michigan. Our backyard has mile after mile of the most pristine shoreline and beaches that help us remember what play time is all about. [...]
Read this Before You Hike the Trails at Brower Lake Nature Preserve 8748 Je-NE-Be Dr NE, Rockford, MI 49341 The Scoop on Brower Lake Nature Preserve Tucked away between homes and cottages [...]
Where and When You Can Find Concerts and Movies in the Park If you've got wiggly youngsters, you'll love bringing them to one of your favorite concerts or movies in the park this summer. [...]