Encourage Creativity in Your Kids Through Interactive Classes and Activities
At 8 years old I had determined what my dream job was: Camp Craft Lady. What could be better than making bracelets all day long?!
I’ve always been that girl who just wanted to do a craft. It didn’t matter what kind of craft–I just wanted to create something.
While my dream career as a Camp Craft Lady never came to fruition, I managed to find ways to keep my creative spark alive through fun classes and workshops over the years.
Kids of all ages love to learn by doing something. Whether it’s cooking, sewing, or just getting crafty. We have some great resources in Grand Rapids to help your kids learn something new and get busy with their hands!
Hands-On Classes for Kids in Grand Rapids
- All in One Chef | Sparta | call to arrange cooking classes for your kids
- Thought Design | Rockford | private cooking parties
- Downtown Market | Grand Rapids | cooking classes catered to kids available periodically
- Pink Slip Cakery | Zeeland | cookie and cake decorating classes and workshops
Sewing and Knitting
- Henny’s Yarn Shop | Caledonia | various knitting classes for all ages
- Lakeshore Sewing | Muskegon, Grand Rapids, Wyoming | sewing and quilting classes
- The Common Thread Studio | Grand Rapids | sewing classes catered to kids of all skill levels
Arts and Crafts
- Accidental Art | Rockford | pottery painting studio
- Art as a Lifestyle | Holland | kids as young as five can create their own candles, lotion or soap
- Home Depot | varies | most stores offer kid-friendly workshops on Saturday mornings
- Your Plate or Mine | Muskegon | pottery painting studio
- The Makery | Holland | variety of classes and workshops offered
- The Mud Room | Grand Rapids | pottery painting, wood signs, glass fusing, and potter’s wheel
Other Hands-On Opportunities
- Joann Fabrics | varies | offers a wide variety of classes including food crafts, knitting, sewing, quilting, and jewelry making
- Kent County 4-H | varies | lots of hands-on learning options for kids
Where do your kids love to do hands-on activities? Let us know in the comments below and we’ll add it to our list!