Spend All Day at Helder Park
3751 104th Avenue, Zeeland, MI 49464
Trail Length: 1.7 mile loop
Trail Difficulty: Easy
Dogs Allowed? Yes – it’s a dog park!
Facilities: Modern restrooms
Stroller Friendly? Yes
Time of Year Accessible: Open year-round.
Helder Park has just about any amenity you would wish for in a park!
With shady picnic tables, fun play equipment, and clean, modern restrooms–Helder Park in Zeeland is the perfect spot for your next play date!
Helder Park is one of over 50 walking trails in West Michigan.
Helder Park Details
Helder Park has a main play area that features two playgrounds to address different age groups of children.
There is a smaller playground for kids ages 2-5 and another with play equipment better suited for kids ages 5 and up.
You can easily see both playgrounds at the same time so it’s great for families with children of any age!
Helder Park at a Glance
- Dog park
- Tennis courts
- Basketball courts
- Little League and Softball fields
- Soccer fields
- Beach Volleyball courts
- Paved trails
- Lighted pickleball courts
So Much More Than “Just” Another Playground
In addition to great playgrounds, they also have a dog park and loads of paved trails. Bring your dog along for a scenic walk and a little playtime with some new four-legged friends.
If sports activities are more your thing, Helder Park has you covered there, too. They have basketball courts, softball fields, beach volleyball courts, tennis courts, soccer fields, and little league fields! Bring your ball, bat, glove, or racket and spend the day with your family at Helder Park.
Tips for Your Trip from Other Parents
- Apply sunscreen before you leave your house. The playground is in full sun!
- There are two entrances to this park, the playgrounds are by the entrance off of 104th. However, if you’re hoping to get in a little walk or run for yourself first, park by the other entrance and make you way over to the playground on the paved trails!
- Bugs were not an issue.
- The picnic tables are shaded and it’s a great spot to have a picnic lunch with your family.
- The park can be very busy during baseball season (weekday evenings and Saturday mornings).
Map of Grand Rapids Parks and Trails
Find your next outdoor adventure near you with this map of the best hiking trails, playgrounds, and parks in West Michigan.