A Bit about Caledonia Lakeside Park
If you’re looking for a quiet afternoon at the park, where the pace is a little slower and views are a little more beautiful than a traditional playground, head to Caledonia’s Lakeside Park!
Lakeside Park is a beautiful community park on the bank of Emmons Lake, offering sweeping views of the lake, lots of spots to picnic, two playgrounds, and access to the Paul Henry Thornapple trail. Their ball diamonds are a draw for baseball and softball players alike, and their picnic shelters make Lakeside Park a great place for group events. And let’s not forget the fishing opportunities!
Lakeside Park is a great place for a more peaceful outdoor adventure. Their benches on the lake beg you to take in the views and the wide open spaces allow for kids to wander or play. Picnic tables are waiting for you to bring out your lunch and you can take the bikes (or just your walking feet!) down the Thornapple Trail afterward.
Tips for Your Trip from other Parents
- The bathrooms near the smaller playground (when you first enter) currently aren’t open Monday-Thursday, so use the restroom in the picnic building during the week (or play at the large playground by the building!).
- Kids will love playing by the shore!
- Ride your bike! The Paul Henry Thornapple trail access point leads right into downtown Caledonia where there’s a nice little ice cream shop. Park downtown or at Kraft Meadows middle school for a nice bike ride to Lakeside Park and back.
- It’s great for sledding in the winter.
- My kids love the wide open space to run around. A large hill connects the main playground area to the lake, so be mindful of toddlers who may tumble if they’re running too fast.
- Take advantage of the dozens of picnic tables. Many are in the shade by the playground or by the water, making them a nice spot to sit and watch kids play.
Grab Your Coffee and Head to the Park
Tap the map icons to reveal the park address and the location of the nearest BIGGBY.
The BIGGBY closest to Lakeside Park is located at 6426 100th St SE, Caledonia, MI 49316.
Have Tips or Questions about Caledonia Lakeside Park?
Leave us a comment below and we will get back to you!