Find an Indoor Swimming Pool Near You With Open Swim
Swimming is a rite of passage for kids in the Great Lakes state, so it’s only sensible that we have dozens of public swimming pools around West Michigan!
While some are for summer use only, several are indoor pools allowing for year-round splishy, splashy fun.
When you want an easy getaway to make you feel like you’re in a warmer, sunnier place, pack up the kids and visit one of these fantastic indoor pools around Grand Rapids.
Please note that all hours, prices and schedules may change without notice and it is your responsibility to call ahead.
Many pools require diapered children to wear a swim diaper with an additional plastic cover over top.
12 Indoor Pools Where Your Little Fish can Splish-Splash the Day Away
- Location: 8500 Burlingame Avenue Southwest, Byron Center, MI 49315
- Phone: 616-878-6651 (ext. 5)
- Notes: Construction on the community entrance and locker rooms is scheduled to be completed September 2019.
- Typical Hours: Saturday 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM.
- Location: 2500 S. Division Ave, Grand Rapids, MI 49507
- Phone: 616-588-7200 (ext. 2037)
- Notes: Multiple day passes and memberships available. Children 6 and under must have an adult (18+) in the water with them at arm’s length at all times. Children 7–11 years old must be accompanied in the water by a responsible individual 18+. Once the child can pass a swim test, supervision can be pool side.
- Features: Zero-depth entry area with play structure (known as the beach), a water slide, and a lazy river. Open swim times vary throughout the week as well as what features will be available.
- Typical Hours: Daytime open swim times are offered almost daily Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 1:30 PM, Saturday 12:00 PM – 6:30 PM, Sunday 12:00 PM – 4:30 PM, as well as weekday evenings: M/W/F: 4:30PM – 8:30 PM and T/Th: 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM.
- Location:1 Campus Drive, Allendale, Michigan 49401
- Phone: 616-331-3313
- Notes: Special rates available for currently enrolled students or alumni, but community Day Passes or Pool Punch Card are available for anyone to use the pool.
- Typical Hours: M/W: 5:15 PM – 8:00 PM, T/Th: 7:15 PM – 10:00 PM, Friday 5:15 PM – 7:00 PM, Saturday 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM, Sunday 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM and 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM.
- Location: 2845 Thornhills Ave, Suite S, Grand Rapids, MI 49546
- Phone: 616-259-0725
- Notes: Birthday party packages available. Please use reusable or cloth swim diapers for those children still in diapers. Floating toys, balls, and ride-ons are available for use.
- Typical Hours: Monday – Thursday, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM and Saturday 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM.
- Location:660 Forest Hill Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546
- Phone: 616-493-8950
- Notes: To attend open swim without adult supervision, children must be at least 52″ tall. Flotation devices must remain in the shallow end. Children wearing flotation devices need an adult in the water with them at all times. Shoes and shirts are required everywhere in the building except on pool deck and in the locker rooms. Children in diapers must wear cloth diapers or swim diapers with tight rubber or plastic pants over the diaper.
- Typical Hours: Saturday 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM and Sunday 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM.
- Location: 550 Maple Ave, Holland, MI 49423
- Phone: 616-393-7595
- Notes: Children who are not toilet trained are required to wear a swim diaper.
- Features: Water slide, Splash Zone (water playground), vortex pool, inflatable floating obstacle course, and zip line.
- Typical Hours: M/W/F 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM, Saturday 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM, and Sunday 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM.
- Location: 5037 32nd Ave, Hudsonville, MI 49426
- Phone: 616-669-1740
- Notes: They use “Rule 66:” any swimmer 6 years old or younger must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older in the pool. Swimmers 6th grade or younger must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older on the pool deck.
- Typical Hours: Saturday 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM.
- Location: 2140 Bauer Road, Jenison, MI 49428
- Phone: 616-457-6110
- Notes: Babies are free and must wear a swim diaper. Children 12 years old or younger MUST have an adult present at the pool at all times. Children 8 years or younger MUST have an adult in the pool and within arm’s reach at all times unless they pass a swim test given by a lifeguard. If the lifeguards are too busy to administer a swim test, the child must stay with an adult.
- Typical Hours: Sunday 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM and select Wednesday evenings 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM.
- Location: 6230 Kalamazoo Ave SE, Kentwood, MI 49508
- Phone: 616-698-6700 (ext. 42336)
- Notes: Infants and young children who require diapers must wear swim diapers and tight rubber swim diaper covers. Standard diapers leak and are not permitted. Month and year passes available. Family passes available.
- Typical Hours: M/W/F: 6:00 PM – 8:55 PM, and Saturday and Sunday: 12:00 PM – 2:55 PM.
- Location: 2800 College Dr. Sidney MI 48885
- Phone: 989.328.1259
- Notes: Children 10 and younger must have an adult accompany them in the water.
- Typical Hours: M/W/F: 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM, T/Th: 11:00 AM – 1:00 P, Monday – Friday: 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM, and Saturday – Sunday: 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM.
- Location: 397 East Division St, Rockford, MI 49341
- Phone: 616-863-6316
- Notes: Babies must have tight fitting swim diaper. Child must be within arm’s length of parents/guardians. Children ages 8 and under must have adult in water.
- Typical Hours: T/Th: 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM, and Saturday 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM.
- Location: 16140 148th Ave, Spring Lake, MI 49456
- Phone: 616-847-5858
- Notes: Daily rate gives access to entire fitness facility. Daily rates for pool only are not available. Swim diapers are required.
- Features: Heated family pool featuring zero-depth entry, a water slide, rope bride, splash zone, and lazy river. Towel service is also provided, so no need to pack your own!
- Typical Hours: M/W/F 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM, Saturday – Sunday 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM.
If you know of a pool that we missed or if you have recommendations for other parents, please leave us a comment. Thanks!