Greater Grand Rapids Pools Offering Open Swim for Kids and Families:
Please note that all hours, prices and schedules may change without notice and it is your responsibility to call ahead.
Many pools require diapered children to wear a swim diaper with an additional plastic cover over top.
- Location: 8500 Burlingame Avenue Southwest, Byron Center, MI 49315
- Phone: 616.878.6640 (press 5)
- Location: 2500 S. Division Ave, Grand Rapids, MI 49507
- Notes: Multiple day passes and memberships available. Children 6 and under must have an adult (18+) in the water with them at arm’s length at all times. Children 7–11 years old must be accompanied in the water by a responsible individual 18+. Once the child can pass a swim test, supervision can be pool side.
- Phone: 616.588.7200
- Location: 2845 Thornhills Ave, Suite S, Grand Rapids, MI 49546
- Notes: Birthday party packages available. Please use reusable swim diapers for those children still in diapers.
- Phone: 616.259.0725
- Location: 660 Forest Hill Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546
- Notes: To attend Open Swim without adult supervision, children must be at least 52″ tall. Flotation devices must remain in the shallow end. Children wearing flotation devices need an adult in the water with them at all times. Shoes and shirts are required everywhere in the building except on pool deck and in the locker rooms. Children in diapers must wear cloth diapers or swim diapers with tight rubber or plastic pants over the diaper
- Phone: 616.493.8950
- Location: 550 Maple Ave, Holland, MI 49423
- Notes: Children who are not toilet trained are required to wear a swim diaper.
- Phone: 616.393.7595
- Location: 5037 32nd Ave, Hudsonville, MI 49426
- Notes: Rule 66–Any swimmer 6 years old or younger must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older in the pool. Swimmers 6th grade or younger must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older on the pool deck.
- Phone: 616.669.1740
- Location: 2140 Bauer Road, Jenison, MI 49428
- Notes: Babies are free and must wear a swim diaper. Children 12 years old or younger MUST have an adult present at the pool at all times. Children 8 years or younger MUST have an adult in the pool and within arm’s reach at all times unless they pass a swim test given by a lifeguard. If the lifeguards are too busy to administer a swim test, the child must stay with an adult.
- Phone: 616.457.6110
- Location: 6230 Kalamazoo Ave, Kentwood, MI 49508
- Notes: Infants and young children who require diapers must wear swim diapers and tight rubber swim diaper covers. Standard diapers leak and are not permitted. Month and year passes available. Family passes available.
- Phone: 616.698.6700 Ext. 6
- Location: 397 East Division St, Rockford, MI 49341
- Notes: Babies must have tight fitting swim diaper. Child must be within arm’s length of parents/guardians. Children aged 8 and under must have adult in water.
- Phone: 616.863.6316
- Location: 16140 148th Ave, Spring Lake, MI 49456
- Notes: Daily rate gives access to entire fitness facility. Daily rates for pool only are not available. Swim diapers are required.
- Phone: 616.847.5858
- Location: Wealthy Pool – 1961 Lake Dr, East Grand Rapids, MI 49506
- Notes: Facility rental available for parties. Wealthy Pool will be set up without any lane lines. Play toys, noodles, life jackets, and adult exercise tools are available for public use.
- Phone: 616.940.4800 ext. 302
If you know of a pool that we missed or if you have recommendations for other parents, please leave us a comment. Thanks!