by Melody VanderWeide
West Michigan Loves Christmas Lights!
I love looking at Christmas lights with my kids!
I did it when I was growing up with my parents, and now I look forward to looking at Holiday Lights every year with my kids in West Michigan.
We bundle up, grab some snacks, put on the holiday tunes and set off. Each kid chooses an item to count up while we’re looking at lights. Maybe it’s Santas, candy canes, deer, or penguins… whatever the item, it keeps them engaged and excited the whole time.
Hopefully your family will be able to join in the fun, too! To help you find the Holiday lights around Grand Rapids we’ve put together the an Interactive Holiday Christmas Lights Map!
When you click on a map icon, more information will be revealed (including reader comments) about each stop. Also, pan to Muskegon, Kent City, and Greenville for more houses.)
Otherwise, look below for a listing of houses. These are all locations suggested by our facebook readership. Some may not have full addresses, but each listing will give you a general idea of where to go. We hope that you and your family make many fond memories as you head out to see the Christmas Lights in greater Grand Rapids!
Interactive Map of greater Grand Rapids Christmas Light Displays
West Michigan Holiday Light Displays by Number
- 752 17 Mile Rd NW, Kent City, MI 49330. This guy decorates HUGE! There is a pond, trees, houses etc… Worth it!!! There’s a place to pull over too!
They even decorate in the woods!
- White’s Winter Wonderland. 14181 MacClain St, Gowen, MI 49326-9711 – Drive thru and tune your radio to FM 89.1 and listen to the music as the lights dance.
- House on Ramsdell, just south of M-44/Belding Rd there is one amazing house.
- This house is on Blythefield Ave, between Sunnyhill and Thistle Dhu Dr. They have a radio station you can tune in to to hear music go with the light show.
- Nite Lights – A mile long drive thru the Fifth Third Ballpark with light exhibits. Admission is charged per vehicle.
- Paramount Estates neighborhood west of Northland Drive…lots of houses participate!
- There is a house on Stark Ave NW GR 49534 that has a ton out.
- 147 Sunset Hills Ave NW. | Nearly 9,000 lights that are programmed to music which can be transmitted to your vehicle.
- Collindale Ave NW & 7th St NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504 – A HUGE display that seems to get bigger every year.
- There is a house at the corner of Knapp and Ball, can’t miss it!
- Clark Retirement Community. 1551 Franklin St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506
- 1746 Secretariat Dr SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 – is covered with lights and lots of blow up things too!
- 7219 Oliver Woods Ada MI – Nativity scene and other light up figures.
- Whispering Hills neighborhood in Lowell has many houses lit up again this year. One house has a light tunnel over the side walk for the kids to walk through.
House on Grand River Ave, West of Alden Nash in Lowell
- 9131 68th St. in Alto. Every weeknight from 6-9 pm, and some weekends, through the holiday season. The radio station is 107.9 to hear the music.
- 7594 McCords | House at 76th/ McCords in Alto
- 2112 Ridgebluff Ct SW, Byron Center, MI 49315 | Static Lights: Monday-Sunday, 5-11pm, Musical Light Show: Thursday-Sunday, 6-10pm. | website
- Eldora Ct in Byron center off of 84th. Lots of blow ups covering whole front yard.
- Princeton Estates- Whole neighborhood – Drive thru the sub division and experience several homes with holiday decorations.
- Coe Dentistry on Kalamazoo between 44th and 52nd
- 3028 Madison Ave SE, Wyoming, MI 49548
- 3006 Homewood St SE Grandville, MI
- 7785 Westside Dr, Hudsonville, MI 49426 | Lights will be on weeknights from 5:30 to 9:00. Weekends they will be on from 5:30 to 10:00. They are collecting donations for the Kent County Animal Shelter, and the Helen Devos Childrens Hospital | website
- Cascade Pointe – off of Burton
- Alger Heights Neighborhood Lights Competition
- 938 Ariebill St SW, Wyoming, MI 49509-3920 | Lights are timed to a music station you can only get by parking outside the house and tuning in. Simply Spectacular! Every year they do a large display in honor of their son Joey who was struck by a car while riding his bike a few years back. It includes choreographed lights set to a radio station, a full size dancing Santa in the window, etc.
- 52 E Maple St, Sand Lake, MI 49343-9110 | Nice Christmas display in northern Kent county. Right next to the post office. Lit from 5pm to 10 during the week and till 11 on the weekend.
Download Our Holiday Lights Info
Click here to Download Our Holiday Lights Info (826)… and while you’re here… Sign up for our newsletter to be notified when our Christmas and Holiday Break Planner is published. It will have everything you need to know about Winter Break in West Michigan!
Where will we find your favorite West Michigan holiday light display?