New Year’s Eve Celebrations for Families in GR
Are you looking for a little New Year’s fun for your family this year?
Grand Rapids has a lot of family-friendly events that won’t have the kids staying up until midnight, but will still give them a chance to celebrate the occasion.
Grand Rapids Children’s Museum, local libraries, roller rinks and more are hosting special activities on December 30.
Fun at Home on New Year’s Eve
Do you just want to have a nice evening at home? Try these ideas for New Year’s Eve family fun.
It doesn’t really matter what you do – it’s just fun to have a family New Year’s Eve tradition, even when you don’t leave the house.
- Make a fun chocolate fondue and dip marshmallows, fruit, and pretzels. Talk about all the great things that happened in 2022.
- Make popcorn and watch the ball drop in Times Square.
- Make a family New Year’s Resolution list. Some things on my list: be kind, take advantage of our Meijer Gardens membership, don’t say yes to everything, and take more family walks together.
- Use a New Year’s Eve countdown video for the littles to let them ring in the “New Year” whatever time you want, like 8 PM, so they can still go to bed on time.
- Go for a nighttime hike or walk around your neighborhood. Use a headlamp or flashlight to stay safe and deck out the kids with glow sticks.
- Finish up some of those holiday crafts you never got around to.
Frederik Meijer Gardens Butterflies Take FlightFrederik Meijer Gardens1000 E Beltline Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525A sure sign of spring, the Frederik Meijer Gardens Butterflies are Blooming exhibit is coming into…
Show Your Favorite Businesses Some LoveWelcome to the Best of Grand Rapids Grandtastic Contest for 2023!Help us celebrate the best our community has to offer.It’s time to NOMINATE your favorite…
GR Gymnastics Encourages Fitness and Excels at FUN – For Preschoolers on Up Grand Rapids Gymnastics has figured out the recipe for kids who are passionate about gymnastics, no matter…
Manners for Kids: Having Good Manners is an Incredibly Important Life SkillIt’s hard, but developing your kids’ manners beyond Please & Thank You is critical.And like so many other things,…
Indoor Water Parks in Michigan Make Great GetawaysWhat to do when you need a quick family vacation spot that everyone will enjoy? You book a stay at one of the…
Run, Don’t Walk, To Your New Favorite Spot For Coffee and Play3858 52nd St SE, Kentwood, MI 49512Coffee Clubhouse, Kentwood’s newest playroom for kids 6 months to 6 years, is…