New Year’s Eve Celebrations for Families in GR
Are you looking for a little New Year’s Eve fun for your family this year? Don’t worry – you can celebrate New Year’s Eve with the kids and still get them to bed on time. Read on to find kid approved events all over West Michigan to help you ring in the New Year.
Kent District Library is giving families a fun opportunity to celebrate New Year’s Eve and not keep kids up way past their bedtimes. Come celebrate Happy Noon Year at a Kent District Library branch near you! Ring in 2019 with a countdown , noisemakers, crafts, and fun–at 11:30 AM. A little mid-day New Year’s Eve fun is perfect for my young kids.
More Ideas for New Year’s Eve Fun on the Town
Help your kids close out 2019 and celebrate New Year’s Eve with one of the fun activities listed below. We’re ready for you, 2020!
Fun at Home on New Year’s Eve
Do you just want to have a nice evening at home? Try these ideas for New Year’s Eve family fun:
- Make a fun chocolate fondue and dip marshmallows, fruit, and pretzels. Talk about all the great things that happened in 2019.
- Pop some popcorn and watch the ball drop in Times Square.
- Make a family New Year’s Resolution list. Some things on my list: be kind, take advantage of our Meijer Gardens membership, don’t say yes to everything, and take more family walks together.
- Netflix offers several New Year’s Eve countdown videos–this means you can ring in the “New Year” as a family with apple juice at 8:00 PM and tuck the kids in bed.
- Go for a nighttime hike or walk around your neighborhood. Use a headlamp or flashlight to stay safe and let the kids get decked out in glow sticks.
- Finish up some of those holiday crafts you never got to. Did you know that GRKIDS has a Pinterest board? Check out our Create it Mom Board and our Chef Mom Board!
It doesn’t really matter what you do–it’s just fun to have a family New Year’s Eve tradition, even when you don’t leave the house.