Our Great Lakes State Abounds With Swim Schools
If your family loves spending time at one of the many lakes in our area, then making sure everyone knows how to swim can be crucial. But not all kids love the process of learning to swim, so finding just the right instructor and swim school can make a huge difference.
Where are the Best Swim Classes for Kids?
If you are considering enrollment in swim classes for your family and need some direction on where to go, we are on it. Earlier this year, parents voted on their favorite places to play and live life in greater Grand Rapids in our first ever GRANDTASTIC AWARDS. Parents told us the best places around for swim lessons and the top 10 are listed below.
RELATED: See Full List of Grandtastic Awards
Favorite Grand Rapids Swim Lessons for Kids
Splish, Splash! Our list will help you find parents’ favorite places to enroll kids in swim lessons in greater Grand Rapids.
Infant Swim Resource with Michael Petrella was voted by our readers as the TOP swim lessons in greater Grand Rapids!
TOP 10 – Favorite Swim Lessons Around West Michigan
Locations in Belmont, Grandville and Spring Lake
West Michigan parents are in love with Goldfish Swim School. This place got more votes than all the other instructors in our list combined! The heated pool, great teacher/student ratio, and student progression are what have families coming back to Goldfish.
2845 Thornhills Ave, Grand Rapids MI 49546. 259-0725
Julie is another personal instructor who trains children from her home pool in the summers and from various pools around town (Byron Center, Grandville and Holland) in the winter. Parents also love to brag at how quickly their children learn to swim under Miss Julie. 616-610-4424. Locations in Byron Center, Holland, Hudsonville, Jenison and Zeeland
Locations in Byron Center and Caledonia
Miss Rita’s Swim School
We’ve heard about Miss Rita for years. Many swear by her ability to get even the most timid child swimming in no time. They don’t call her the Swim Nazi for nothing–this teacher is hard core and no frills – make sure that style is a good fit for you. She’s got kids coming from around the U.S. to her Grandville pool to learn this life saving skill. 616-534-0066. Located in Grandville
Nice small classes allow for one on one instruction. Teachers really care about the kids, recognize them, and talk with them during open swim too.
2500 Division Ave S
475 Lake Michigan Drive NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
5500 Burton Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
5722 Metro Way SW
Wyoming, MI 49519
6555 Jupiter Ave NE
- This is the place to go for swim lessons and end up watching your child bloom in the competitive swim programs. Novi Sad is serious about swimming!
- We love Novi Sad Aquatics and have kids enrolled in both competitive levels and beginner swim lessons. No-frills, bare bones, and lots of coach attention. The prices are very competitive and GRPS kids qualify for discounts!
- 15 36th St SE, Grand Rapids MI 49548
- Parent Comment: I love GVSU’s swim lessons. It is for ages 4 plus. They only run it in the spring and summer, but it is for two straight weeks. My kids learned so much last year. I can’t wait to enroll them again! I like the every day format as it didn’t give my oldest as much time to get nervous between the sessions. It kept her from having to ‘start over’ each week.
- They seem to have lots of patience and move at a pace my child is ok with.
- They are excellent with the kids, and not only do they teach swimming, but they also teach water safety.
Pin this image for future reference!