Water Park Vacations Are Closer Than You Think, Grand Rapids
Treat your kids to a day poolside
Today my kindergartener asked if we could swim in Grandma’s pool. It was 60 degrees outside, after all.
What do you do when your kid wants to swim in February but you don’t want to break the bank flying to Florida?
Find them an indoor water park that’s not too far away! Water parks are great destinations for families; kids can play for hours on end without getting bored and mom and dad can have some fun, too.
18 Waterparks Within Driving Distance of West Michigan
Did you have any idea there were that many water parks at your disposal?! Choices abound. Most of these places build their reputations on their water parks, while others offer exciting spring break options beyond their poolside fun.
So bust out the swimsuits and get ready to watch your kids delight in the fun at your favorite water park destination!
Plan ahead now for Spring Break. Many of these places will get booked well ahead of time for that peak week.
Indoor Waterparks within 1 HOUR of Grand Rapids
- Double JJ Resort in Rothbury, MI. Features: Hotel, Gold Rush Indoor Waterpark, Snow Tubing, Horseback Riding, and Golf (weather permitting). Call for rates: 800.DOUBLEJJ.
- Holland Community Aquatic Center in Holland, MI. Features an indoor waterpark complete with therapy pool, splash zone and spa. Day passes are $8. You can save a little money and but a pack of passes (not valid over Spring Break). Memberships are also available. Call 616.393.7595 for more information.
- Spring Lake Community Fitness & Aquatic Center in Spring Lake, MI. Features a pool with swim classes and facility rental available. Guest passes start at $10 and membership is available. Call 616.847.5858 for more information.
- Kroc Center located in Grand Rapids, MI. Features an indoor waterpark, climbing wall, special activities like Parents’ Night Out. Free for members. Day passes are $8.50 for ages 12 & up, $6.50 for ages 11 & under. Call 616.588.7200 for more information. To enjoy the 28 foot slide and more, look for the “full features on” times in their drop-in recreation guide here.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Grand Rapids, MI. Features: hotel, indoor splash pad (3-story water slide now permanently closed), complimentary breakfast buffet, and free wi-fi. Room rates begin at $80. Call 616.871.9700 for more information.
Indoor Waterparks within 1-3 HOURS of Grand Rapids
- Avalanche Bay in Boyne Falls, MI. Features: winter wonderland themed waterpark, downhill mat racer, slides, surf zone, blizzard bay and glacier hot springs. Ticket options available here or call 866.976.6972.
- Wyndham Garden Sterling Inn in Sterling Heights, MI. Featuring a 32k square foot waterpark, zero entry pool, three story water slide, a lazy river, whirlpools and poolside snack bar. Call 877.999.3223 for reservations and rates.
- Splash Universe in Dundee, MI. Features lazy river, zero entry pool, family spa, adult hot springs and water park slides. For more information on Day Pass pricing and availability call: 734.606.1049.
- Great Wolf Lodge in Traverse City, MI. Featuring 39,000 square feet of water excitement, four story slides, zero entry pool, activity pool, kiddie slides, adult whirlpools, lazy river. Rates start at $149. Please visit the website for more details.
- Summit on the Park in Canton, MI. The Aquatic Center is a fun-filled water environment for people of all ages! There is a 5-lane, 25 yard lap pool, zero-depth leisure pool with play features, a lazy river and slide, spa, steam room and sauna room. Call 734.394.5460 for more information.
- Zehnder’s Splash Village located in Frankenmuth, MI. A 30,000 square feet water park featuring a hotel, 4 story slides, dumping bucket, hot tub and lazy river. Day and hotel passes are available. Call 844.207.7309 for more information.
- Surfari Joe’s in Watervilet, MI. A 20,000 square feet indoor waterpark featuring two extreme waterslides, a lazy river, kiddie pool and arcades. Day passes for $25 per person. Call 269.463.7946 for more information.
- Soaring Eagle Waterpark in Mt. Pleasant, MI. Features: hotel, pool, sauna, steamroom, little beaver’s bend (river), outdoor sundeck, climbing wall and surf attraction. Call for rates: 877.232.4532. An All-Day Soaring Eagle Waterpark and Hotel Day Pass extends your fun from 11am until closing. Passes are available 7 days a week for a cost of $23.99 per person (ages 3 and over.) Children 2 and under are FREE. (Read our review.)
Indoor Waterparks THREE OR MORE HOURS Away From Grand Rapids
- Kalahari Resorts in Sandusky, OH and Wisconsin Dells, WI. These indoor water parks feature lazy rivers, kiddie pools, water slides, mini golf, arcades and swim up bars. For resort fees please visit the website.
- Bridge Vista Beach Hotel in Mackinaw City, MI featuring an over-sized spa, lazy river, three story slides and a waterwalk. Call 800.576.2842 for rates and reservations.
- Maui Sands in Sandusky, OH. Features slides, a lazy river, vortex pool, spa and kiddie pools. Day passes are available. Call 419.621.7357 for more information.
- Coco Key Water Resort in Cincinnati, OH. A 50,000 square foot water park complete with palm trees, slides, family restaurants, kiddie pool, spas and video arcade. Day passes start at $12 for adults if you mention their site. Call 513.771.2080 for more information.
- Castaway Bay in Sandusky, OH. An elaborate enclosed waterpark with a five-story structure featuring a vaulted wood ceiling that covers a natural setting of palm trees, huts, inland lagoons and plenty of wet and wild water adventure. Call 419.627.2106 for more information.
Did we miss any? Do you have a favorite? Leave us a comment and let us know which waterpark getaway your family favors!