Grand Rapids Includes Kids in New Year’s Eve Celebrations
Are you looking for a little New Year’s Eve Fun for your family this year? We’ve got you (and your kids!) covered with 11 ways to celebrate. Read on to find cool, happening events all over West Michigan to help you ring in the New Year.
11 Ideas for New Year’s Eve Fun on the Town
1. Countdown to Happy ‘Noon’ Year | 11:30 AM. Your local KDL library (Byron Center, Caledonia, Cascade, Gaines Township, Grandville, Kentwood, Lowell, Plainfield, Sand Lake, Spencer Township and Wyoming). 11:30 AM. We’re giving kids an exciting way to ring in 2017 with a countdown, noisemakers, crafts and fun — at an hour that won’t keep them up way past their bedtimes.. For all ages.
2. Craig’s Cruiser’s New Year’s Eve Party | 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM or 9:00 PM – 1:00 AM. Unlimited indoor go-karts, laser tag, bumper cars, high ropes course, frog hopper, unlimited non-redemption video games and Craig’s Special New Year’s Eve Feast. $26.99/pp. Purchase Tickets in advance.
3. Grand Rapids Griffins Hockey Game & NYE Celebration | 6:00 PM. Griffins home game. Post-game indoor fireworks show. Post-game open skate. USE the Promo Code GRKIDS to save $5 per ticket plus pay no processing fees! Buy tickets here.
4. Family Rockin’ New Year Eve’s Party at BAM! | 9:30 AM – 9:30 PM. Unlimited Rock & Glow Bowling (bumpers available on every lane), Free shoe rental, four $5 arcade game cards, 1 large cheese or pepperoni pizza, pitcher of pop, & party favors. Up to 6 bowlers per lane- only $59 per lane. Reservations required.
5. New Year’s Eve Party (Holland) | 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM. Ring in the new year at our Noon Year’s Eve Party! We’ll have stories, dancing, noisemakers, and our very own countdown to noon! We’re excited to be partnering with the Holland Parks and Recreation Department to bring you the best Noon Year’s Eve yet! Holland Civic Center.
6. Hap-Pea All Year Story Time at Barnes and Nobles | 11:00 AM. Just in time for New Year’s, the peas from the bestselling LMNO Peas are back for more fun — this time exploring the months of the year! Join us for Storytime and activities featuring Hap-Pea All Year. Muskegon, Holland, Rivertown Crossings, Woodland.
7. New Year’s Eve Carnival | 4:00 PM. Join us for our annual New Year’s Eve celebration! This year’s family friendly event is carnival themed and will include a magician, games, goodie bags and more. Holiday Inn Grand Rapids.
8. New Year’s Luau (Holland) | 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM. Join us for pool games such as a cannon ball contest, races across the obstacle course, and limbo. This year, we are excited to welcome Maranda from WOTV 4 back as our special guest. Holland Aquatic Center.
9. New Year’s Early Eve at the GRCM | 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM. New Year Countdown and balloon drop at 7:30 pm. Make a noise maker, paint a firework picture, dance and play your way into the New Year! Ticket: $12/non-members, $10/members.
10. New Year’s Eve Open Skate at Cedar Rock Sports Plex | 8:30 PM – 12:30 AM. $25/person. Includes skate admission, 2 drinks and 1 free food item at concessions, skate rental ($1).
11. Holiday Lights Tour | Get in one last drive before those Christmas lights are taken down for the year!
Fun at Home on New Year’s Eve
Do you just want to have a nice evening at home? Try these ideas for some fun:
- Make a fun chocolate fondue and dip marshmallows, fruit, and pretzels. Talk about all the great things that happened in 2016.
- Pop some popcorn and watch the ball drop in Times Square.
- Make a family New Year’s Resolution list. Some things on my list: be kind, take advantage of our Meijer Gardens membership, don’t say yes to everything, take more family walks together.
- Finish up some of those holiday crafts you never got to. Did you know that grkids has a pinterest board? Check out our Create it Mom Board and our Chef Mom Board!