Our grkids community knows where to camp!
We asked you where you like to take kids camping in Michigan and you told us over 30 different spots!
Here are the five most recommended camping locations..listed along with parent comments from our Facebook community.
We’re sure that this list won’t come close to including all of the fabulous camping spots out there, so please leave us a comment telling us where your family loves to camp.
- Ludington State Park is our favorite camping. There is so much for a family to do, rain or shine, hot or cold.
- My family camps here every year. It’s got the cute downtown, great beach, and a small-town atmosphere. Hard to get into, though.
- Near the dunes, scheduled activities, pool, close to Silver Lake!
For the last two spots, It’s a tie between:
- Best ever! Super clean grounds, only minutes from sleepy bear dunes, seconds from Platte River which is awesome because you end up in Lake Michigan at the end of your tube/canoe/kayak down the river. Only about 1/2 mile trail walk from grounds and you’ll end up on Lake Mi. Great for biking, Only about 40 minute drive to Traverse City, maybe 15 minutes to Glen Arbor. SO much to do in this area, the list goes on and on. Great for kids!
- It’s beautiful and clean. Lots of well manicured grass!
- Duke Creek in Cedar Springs, and no, it’s not the one on the highway. It’s tucked in the woods so it feels like you’re up north, yet I can still go to work downtown. Love the pool.
- Very family-friendly, lots of activities for the kids and has outdoor AND indoor pools (for those rainy days).
- They have a pool a spa, it runs right along the pine river so you can hear the water all night while you sleep and they also have a pond with a water trampoline and the jungle gym and aqua slide! its a great place with family activites. I recommend it to anyone.
- near Cheboygan…on Mullett Lake and access to other rivers and lakes. Vey nice and clean.
- OB has an awesome bluff view of sunsets, in a small town, great biking on M22 and is wooded.
- it’s a great little campground, especially for kids! We’ve gone since our girls were babies – it’s our favorite place! Campsites or cabins.
- Right across the road from the beach and so close to downtown!
- We go to Hungry Horse Campground in Dorr every year! Excellent family camping & the kids LOVE it!
- We love going to Pioneer Park in Muskegon for a weekend camping trip because it’s close and it’s right on Lake Michigan and you don’t have to have reservations.Pioneer county park just north of muskegon was a real find as you do not have to book in advace like the state parks it was cheap and right on Lake Michigan. Wish we were not so far away now or it would be our 1st choice.
If your favorite(s) didn’t make the list, be sure to get in on the conversation next time on Facebook OR add yours to the list by commenting below.
Thanks for your contributions to the grkids.com community!