CAMPING IN MICHIGAN WITH KIDS
Our huge list has over 30 reader-recommended places to take kids camping in Michigan. Did we miss one? Please leave us a comment and tell us where you like to camp!
This post lists reader favorites along with comments about why they love these campgrounds for their families.
- Hill & Hollow have two nice pools to choose from and nice shaded lots.Hill & Hollow have two nice pools to choose from and nice shaded lots.
- Especially great for families with little kids…have been camping there since I was born:)
- Sandy Pines is close enough for Dad to get to work. Kids can play at the water park, ropes course, tennis, basketball, gaga ball, dodge ball, mini golf, beach fun and rent a golf cart to get around the park as well as play a 18 holes of golf. This is our first year there and are loving it.
- Ludington State Park is our favorite camping. There is so much for a family to do, rain or shine, hot or cold.
- My family camps here every year. It’s got the cute downtown, great beach, and a small-town atmosphere. Hard to get into, though.
- Near the dunes, scheduled activities, pool, close to Silver Lake!
- Best ever! Super clean grounds, only minutes from sleepy bear dunes, seconds from Platte River which is awesome because you end up in Lake Michigan at the end of your tube/canoe/kayak down the river. Only about 1/2 mile trail walk from grounds and you’ll end up on Lake Mi. Great for biking, Only about 40 minute drive to Traverse City, maybe 15 minutes to Glen Arbor. SO much to do in this area, the list goes on and on. Great for kids!
- It’s beautiful and clean. Lots of well manicured grass!
- Duke Creek in Cedar Springs, and no, it’s not the one on the highway. It’s tucked in the woods so it feels like you’re up north, yet I can still go to work downtown. Love the pool.
- Very family-friendly, lots of activities for the kids and has outdoor AND indoor pools (for those rainy days).
- They have a pool a spa, it runs right along the pine river so you can hear the water all night while you sleep and they also have a pond with a water trampoline and the jungle gym and aqua slide! its a great place with family activites. I recommend it to anyone.
- near Cheboygan…on Mullett Lake and access to other rivers and lakes. Vey nice and clean.
- OB has an awesome bluff view of sunsets, in a small town, great biking on M22 and is wooded.
- it’s a great little campground, especially for kids! We’ve gone since our girls were babies – it’s our favorite place! Campsites or cabins.
- Right across the road from the beach and so close to downtown!
- We go to Hungry Horse Campground in Dorr every year! Excellent family camping & the kids LOVE it!
- We love going to Pioneer Park in Muskegon for a weekend camping trip because it’s close and it’s right on Lake Michigan and you don’t have to have reservations.Pioneer county park just north of muskegon was a real find as you do not have to book in advace like the state parks it was cheap and right on Lake Michigan. Wish we were not so far away now or it would be our 1st choice.