How the List is Made
The list of where to see lights is crowd-sourced from reader comments. (We need your help!)
We ask on Facebook for recommendations; if someone tells us there is a great display at X address, we will include it. We can’t drive around to every location to verify a light display, and what some people think is a worth-the-drive display, others might not want to bother with, so please use our list with that in mind.
**Addresses with double asterisks are verified listings, meaning either a Grand Rapids Kids team member has seen it in 2017 or a grkids friend has told us the display is up for 2017.
Addresses without an asterisk are unverified locations, which have previously had displays, but have not been visited by us yet in 2017. If you have seen one of these sites, please let us know in the comments so we can keep this post updated. Thank you!
If you do find something we should add to the list, leave us a comment below and we will make the update.
Where possible, we have linked locations to a Google map to help you navigate your way through the list.
Holiday Light Listings
DOWNTOWN GRAND RAPIDS
Downtown Grand Rapids is lit up and pretty spectacular this time of year! You can drive and see the lights, but even more fun is taking a short walk with your family.
If you go, check out the lights along Monroe Center from the Children’s Museum down to Rosa Parks Circle. Walk down Pearl and into the Amway Grand. The JW is dazzling in blue, and the riverwalk is pretty, too. Head over to the Gerald R. Ford presidential museum for another Christmas tree.
NORTH OF GR / ROCKFORD
- **Nite Lights 4500 West River Dr NE Comstock Park, MI 49321 | A mile long drive thru the Fifth Third Ballpark with light exhibits. Admission is charged per vehicle.
- **311 Dana St NW, Comstock Park | Light show to music.
- Comstock Park – Several light displays between 131 and M-37 on 10 Mile Rd NE | 3 big displays and the rest is just nice and simple.
- **Paramount Estates neighborhood west of Northland Drive | Lots of houses participate and is local favorite.
Photo courtesy of Martie Bradley
- 6171 Blythefield ave NE Rockford | Lights Synchronized to Music 5:30pm till 8:45pm. 88.7 FM
- **6632 Ramsdell NE, Rockford | Second house South of Belding Rd (M-44). There is life size Nativity, reindeer, sleigh, lighted candy canes surrounds yard, trees, lots of snowmen, polar bears, penguins talking snowball, elves & thousands of lights.
- 2931 S Saddle Ridge Ct Rockford | Dancing lights set to music. Tune your radio to 96.3.
- 4000 block of Boulder Ridge community in Belmont | Lights set to music.
- **326- 17 Mile Rd, Kent City, MI 49330 | “My daughter loves this house,” says one reader.
- Corner of Knapp and Ball | Lights & inflatables.
- Corner of Pine Meadows Dr NE and Blanca Dr NE, in Sierra Estates.
- **Sparta Chamber of Commerce | Has a beautiful 60′ tree and street trees lighted up, and a cute little “lane” you can stroll through for free.
NORTHWEST / WEST OF GR / WALKER
- **Abby’s Lights at 147 Sunset Hills Ave NW. Grand Rapids | The show now contains over 12,000 LED lights run on 64 channels to music you can hear right from your car at 99.9 FM. Showtimes run every 15 minutes or so. Check Facebook page for status.
- **Across Lake Michigan Drive from Abby’s Lights on Fairview there are some decorated houses. It’s worth checking out just for the HUGE Santa at one house!!
- **13880 Ironwood Drive NW GR | Snowflakes, trees, gingerbread people, a skater scene with penguins, and Christmas minions. Lights are synchronized to music being broadcast on 95.1 FM. Facebook page is “Loomanaries.”
- **Candy Cane Lane – Madison St in Coopersville
- On NW Macomb in Standale, Northwest side of the Lake Michigan-Wilson intersection | Tune the radio to 92.3 and lights will sync to music. Lights run from about 6:00-9:00 PM.
SOUTHEAST GRAND RAPIDS / KENTWOOD
- **Coe Dentistry, 4760 Kalamazoo Ave SE Kentwood, MI 49508 | On Kalamazoo between 44th and 52nd, east side of the street–you can’t miss it!
- **1890s schoolhouse on the corner of 84th Street SE, and Kalamazoo Ave in Gaines Township. Enjoy 40,000 lights on 30 foot trees with illuminated belfry, deer, icicles, and candy canes.
- **Princeton Estates | Small displays throughout the whole neighborhood with NATIVITY LANE on Pembroke St SE. “If there was a Christmas neighborhood contest, I think they’d win,” said one second grader.
- **5374 Effingham is also in Princeton Estates | It’s called the countdown clock house for obvious reasons once you see it. It has every inflatable figure imaginable, complete with lights and music.
- **2270 Hayward SE, Grand Rapids, MI
- Inside of Woodland Mall near Macy’s | A light show with music. It plays at 1, 2, 3 and every half hour until 9pm.
- 1130 Windsong Ct SE, Grand Rapids, MI
- **10677 Stirrup Dr, Caledonia | 40,000+ lights on display with 10+ deer, the house, a barn and all the trees lit up in LED lights on 1 acre in the front yard.