Where to see Christmas Lights Around West Michigan
Updated for 2016!
Here’s our yearly roundup of where to see Christmas lights around Greater Grand Rapids.
Last night my kids and I went out for three hours to scout lights and found a handful of houses to include.
We played our “count the ___” game to help make the night more memorable. Each person in the car chooses something to count. This year, my son was counting candy canes, my middle daughter counted reindeer and my youngest counted Santas. I counted Nativities. The candy canes won, followed by the deer. The Santas and Nativities tied for a distant third.
How the List is Made
The list of where to see lights is crowd-sourced from reader comments. (We need your help!)
We ask on Facebook for recommendations; if someone tells us there is a great display at X address, we will include it. We can’t drive around to every location to verify a light display, and what some people thinks is a worth-the-drive display others might not want to bother with, so please use our list with that in mind.
**Address with double asterisks are verified listings, meaning either a Grand Rapids Kids team member has seen it in 2016 or a grkids friend has told us the display is up for 2016.
Addresses without an asterisk are unverified locations, which have previously had displays, but have not been visited by us yet in 2016. If you have seen one of these sites, please let us know in the comments so we can keep this post updated. Thank you!
If you do find something we should add to the list, leave us a comment below and we will make the update.
Where possible, we have linked locations to a Google map to help you navigate your way through the list.
Holiday Light Listings
- Downtown Grand Rapids
Downtown Grand Rapids is lit up and pretty spectacular this time of year! You can drive and see the lights, but even more fun is taking a short walk with your family.If you go, check out the lights along Monroe Center from the Children’s Museum down to Rosa Parks Circle. Walk down Pearl and into the Amway Grand. The JW is dazzling in blue, and the riverwalk is pretty, too. Head over to the Gerald R Ford presidential museum for another Christmas tree.
NORTH OF GR / ROCKFORD
- White’s Winter Wonderland | 14181 MacClain St, Gowen, MI 49326-9711 – Drive thru and tune your radio to FM 89.1 and listen to the music as the lights dance. Facebook Page
- **2931 S Saddle Ridge Ct Rockford | Dancing lights set to music. Tune your radio to 96.3.
- Paramount Estates neighborhood west of Northland Drive | Lots of houses participate!
- 6171 Blythefield ave NE Rockford | Lights Synchronized to Music 5:30pm till 8:45pm. 88.7 FM
- **6632 Ramsdell NE, Rockford | Second house South of Belding Rd (M-44). There is life size Nativity, reindeer, sleigh, lighted candy canes surrounds yard, trees, lots of snowmen, polar bears, penguins talking snowball, elves & thousands of lights.
- **Nite Lights | A mile long drive thru the Fifth Third Ballpark with light exhibits. Admission is charged per vehicle.
- 4000 block of Boulder Ridge community in Belmont | Lights set to music.
- **326- 17 Mile Rd, Kent City, MI 49330 | This guy decorates HUGE! There is a santa over the pond, nativity scene, trees, houses, several other animated light character, etc… Worth it!!! There’s a place to pull over too!
- **Corner of Knapp and Ball | Lights & inflatables.
- 4098 Boulder View Dr, Belmont, MI 49306 | Awesome Christmas lights dance to music! Tune radio to 107.7 FM
- **Comstock Park – Several light displays between 131 and M-37 on 10 Mile Rd NE | 3 big displays and the rest is just nice and simple.
- ** Corner of Pine Meadows Dr NE and Blanca Dr NE, in Sierra Estates.
NORTHWEST OF GR / WALKER
- **147 Sunset Hills Ave NW. Grand Rapids | Nearly 12,000 lights that are programmed to music which can be transmitted to your vehicle when you tune to 99.9 FM. Check Facebook page for status. “We are up to at least 20,000 lights this year!” says Sara
- On NW Macomb in Standale, Northwest side of the Lake Michigan-Wilson intersection | Tune the radio to 92.3 and lights will sync to music. Lights run from about 6:00-9:00 PM.
- **13880 Ironwood Drive NW GR | Snowflakes, trees, gingerbread people, a skater scene with penguins, and Christmas minions. Lights are synchronized to music being broadcast on 95.1 FM. Facebook page is “Loomanaries.”
You May Also Like: Santa Sightings Around Grand Rapids – 2016
SOUTHEAST GRAND RAPIDS / KENTWOOD
- **Coe Dentistry, 4760 Kalamazoo Ave SE Kentwood, MI 49508 | On Kalamazoo between 44th and 52nd–you can’t miss it!
- **Inside of Woodland Mall near Macy’s | A light show with music- It plays at 1, 2, 3 and every half hour until 9pm.
- **Princeton Estates | Small displays throughout the whole neighborhood with NATIVITY LANE on Pembroke St SE. “If there was a Christmas neighborhood contest, I think they’d win,” said one second grader.
- **5374 Effingham is also in Princeton Estates | It’s called the countdown clock house for obvious reasons once you see it. It has every inflatable figure imaginable, complete with lights and music.
- **1630 Alexander Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI, 40506 | Synchronized to music on channel 106.1 FM.
- 1130 Windsong Ct SE, Grand Rapids, MI
GRANDVILLE / HUDSONVILLE / WYOMING/ JENISON
- **938 Ariebill St SW, Wyoming, MI 49509-3920 | Lights are timed to a music station you can only get by parking outside the house and tuning in.
- Please stop by the Hope CRC in Grandville, MI, 3110 Barrett St |We have 35 lighted and decorated trees in the yard next to the church. You’re invited to get out of your car and walk through the yard to look at all the trees which were decorated by families and organizations of the church. This is the church’s gift to the neighborhood. Facebook.
- **4672 Teton Ct. SW, Grandville, MI 49418
- 1890’s schoolhouse on the corner of 84th Street SE, and Kalamazoo Ave in Gaines Township hosts over 35,000 lights on 20-30 foot high trees, and includes illuminated belfry, deer, icicles, and candy canes.
- **3223 Vermont Ave SW, Grandville, Michigan | Lights synced to music on 99.9, plays once every half hour. Facebook Page.
- **5811 Sage River Court SW Wyoming | Light show synchronized to music. Shows run Sunday -Thursday, 5-9; Friday & Saturday, 5-9:30. Please tune radio to 106.1FM.
- HUDSONVILLE | Sun Meadow Lane is a decorated cul-de-sac with light synchronized to music. Tune into 105.1. Features singing penguins, Christmas tree with burst of fire, large nativity, stars and twinkle fairies.
- 2633 Dixie SW, Grandville MI
- 809 Kenneth in Wyoming
- **3081 Locke Avenue SW, Grandville, MI 49418 |
- **2546 Longstreet in Wyoming | Yard is filled with decorations that flash to music.
- **7640 Lamplight Dr | Has an animated display synced to 89.9.
FOREST HILLS / ADA / CASCADE
- **7219 Oliver Woods Ada MI | Nativity and inflatable figures + more.
- **2270 Hayward SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 |
- 6501 Cascade Pointe, off of Burton | Yard filled with many lights and inflatables.
- Ada Moorings neighborhood | Off of Grand River Drive in Ada. Lots of homes are decorated.
- **Ada Covered Bridge | Historic, picturesque bridge has twinkling lights set to music.
- 2300 Grand River Dr NE, Ada | Lights, decorations, and music.
- **1746 Secretariat Dr SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 | Covered with lights and lots of blow up things too!
ALTO / LOWELL / East of GR
- **7594 McCords 49302 | House at 76th/ McCords in Alto – bigger than ever!
- 9131 68th St, Alto | Every weeknight from 6-9:00 PM, and some weekends, through the holiday season. The radio station is 107.9 to hear the music.
- Foreman Rd between Alden Nash and Cumberland | They have a light display at a home where you tune in to a radio station and watch the lights dance to the rhythm of the song.
- **11336 Trent SE, Lowell (Whispering Hills neighborhood) | Has a light tunnel over the side walk (on Trent Drive) for the kids to walk through.
- **11463 Barnsley SE, Lowell (Whispering Hills)
- 7475 Parsonage Rd Saranac, MI | A light show with about 10,000 lights. The lights are synchronized to the music of multiple Christmas songs (usually about 4 songs) which are broadcast to your car through channel 89.1. The best viewing is from half way up the driveway.
- Alto Meadows Subdivision has quite a few houses set up with lights.
- CLARKSVILLE has several displays on W. Ferneys Ave and Lind Ave, on the Northwest side of town. One display is synched to music on 103.9 fm. others have lights and inflatables, including a brontosaurus. Keep a watchful eye out for the alligator and palm tree. (198 Ferney’s Ave in the village of Clarksville. Fully decorated corner lot with other lit houses in neighborhood. 15,000+ lights on house, fence, garage, shed, and in 18 trees up to 25′ tall. Also, Nativity scene, flying Santa display, dozens of assorted lit figures. Everything should be lit until around midnight through Jan. 1st. I think it is worth going by if you are in the area.)
- **10216 Cascade Rd SE, Lowell, MI 49331 | Inflatables, anyone? This place is bananas for inflatables!
BYRON CENTER / ZEELAND
- Eldora Ct in Byron center off of 84th | Lots of inflatables covering whole front yard.
- **10679 Deer Ridge Court, Zeeland, MI | Hughes Musical Christmas Show – a cool one with lights timed to the music. Facebook page.
- 3111 64th St SW Byron Center, MI 49325 | Tune car radio to 89.9fm.
- 10075 Gordon St, Zeeland, MI 49464 | Truck parked in front of local business loaded with lights and blow ups.
Pin this image for future reference!