Splash Pads and Water Fun that Kids Love Around Grand Rapids
I love splash pads for the younger crowd. Kids can play and have so much fun but I don’t have to squeeze into my bathing suit (why does it shrink on me every year??) or worry about a toddler suddenly being terrified of water and refusing to go into a pool that mom and sister have already climbed in to. Kids can choose their level of “getting wet” at a splash pad.
And when the kids are bigger, we can all go bananas in the pool! Cuz when it’s 95 degrees and the humidity is just as high, I will do whatever it takes to squeeze into that swimsuit (I eventually bought the next size up. Gotta face the music here.) and plunge into the pool with my kids.
We’ve compiled a list of splash pads and pools around Grand Rapids to help you beat the heat this summer.
Yearning more for some sandy shores? Our West Michigan Beach Guide can show you where to go for all the lake fun you can dream of!
Where to Find Grand Rapids Splash Pads and Water Play
South/West of Grand Rapids
- PINEWOOD PARK. 1999 Wolfboro, Kentwood. Open Memorial Day – Labor Day 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM.
- VETERAN’S MEMORIAL PARK. 355 48th St, Kentwood. Open Memorial Day – Labor Day 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM.
- MILLENNIUM BEACH PARK AND SPLASH PAD. ($) 1415 Maynard Avenue SW, Grand Rapids. Open the weekend before Memorial Day weekend – Labor Day weekend. Beach open 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM, splash pad open 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM. After the 4th Sunday in August, hours are Beach: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM, splash pad 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM.
- LAMAR PARK. 2561 Porter St, Wyoming. Open June 1 through Labor Day 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM.
- ORIOLE PARK. 1380 42nd St SW, Wyoming. Open June 1 through Labor Day. Open 8:00 AM – 10:45 PM Monday – Saturday & 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM Sunday (hours given are for the park, splash pad hours may vary).
- SOUTHLAWN PARK. 4125 Jefferson Ave SE, Wyoming. Open June 1 through Labor Day. Open 8:00 AM – 10:45 PM Monday – Saturday & 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM Sunday (hours given are for the park, splash pad hours may vary).
- KROC CENTER POOL & PLAYGROUND. ($) 2500 S. Division Ave Grand Rapids. Outdoor Splashpad open May 30 through Labor Day weekend during Open Swim hours. Open Swim Times vary daily, please visit the website for accurate times.
North/East of Grand Rapids
- FREDERIK MEIJER GARDENS. ($) 1000 East Beltline Avenue NE, Grand Rapids. Great Lakes water play area and small wading fountain. Sunday 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday & Wednesday – Saturday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, and Tuesday 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM.
- LESLIE E. TASSELL PARK INTERACTIVE FOUNTAIN. 2900 Thornapple River Dr. SE Grand Rapids. Open 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM (hours given are for the park, splash pad hours may vary).
Splash Pads and Water Playgrounds
The City of Grand Rapids also has water playgrounds and wading pools at various parks. According to the Parks and Rec Department of Grand Rapids the pools and splash pads will open June 9.
Open 10:00 AM- 9:00 PM daily.
- JOE TAYLOR PARK. 1030 Bemis SE
- ALGER PARK SCHOOL. 921 Alger SE
- HEARTSIDE PARK. 69 Ionia SE
- MARY WATERS PARK. 1042 Lafayette NE
- GERALD R. FORD MIDDLE SCHOOL. 851 Madison SE
- CHERRY PARK – 725 Cherry Street SE
- FULLER PARK – 300 Fuller Avenue NE
- HIGHLAND PARK – 523 Grand Avenue NE
- LINCOLN PARK – 231 Marion Avenue NW
- MULICK PARK– 1632 Sylvan Avenue SE
- ROOSEVELT PARK – 739 Van Raalte Drive SW
- WILCOX PARK – 100 Youell Avenue SE
- CAMPAU PARK – 50 Antoine Street SW
City of Grand Rapids Pools
- Briggs Park (Lafayette and Knapp NE)
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday: 12:30-7:30 PM
- Thursday, 12:30-5:00 PM
- Saturday, 1:00-7:00 PM
- Sunday, 1:00-5:00 PM
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Park (Fuller and Franklin SE)
- Monday, 12:30-5:00 PM
- Tue-Fri, 12:30-7:30 PM
- Saturday, 1:00-7:00
- Sunday, 1:00-5:00
- Richmond Park (Richmond and Tamarack NW)
- 12;30-5:00 PM
- Tues-Fri, 12:30-7:30 PM
- Saturday, 1:00-7:00 PM
- Sunday, 1:00-5:00 PM
Ottawa County Splash Pads and Pools
Reader Comment: The one here in Allendale is pretty small, but perfect for a low-key day. It is located in the Allendale Township Park (corner of Lake Michigan Drive (M-45) and 68th), and there is playground equipment as well. There are NOT a lot of picnic tables, but if you bring a blanket, there’s plenty of grass. It was finished Summer of 2012, so it’s in pretty good shape! I believe [in 2013] the water came on about 10 am.
- MAPLEWOOD PARK. 8000 12th Avenue Jenison.
Reader Comment: The Maplewood Splashpad is open from 11 AM-8 PM. It is really nice and has a nice playground, too. There is a limited number of shaded tables, but there is space in the grass for umbrellas if you bring your own. Also worth noting, there is one of the huge cell phone towers right in the lot to the park. There are some strong arguments that argue being in close proximity to them isn’t safe and arguments that it is fine…either way, just nice to know it’s there if that’s something you don’t want your kiddos (and yourself) around.
- DOWNTOWN HOLLAND SPLASH PAD. 99 East 8th St, Holland. Open 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- CITY OF ZEELAND SPLASH PAD PARK. 21 S Elm St, Zeeland. Open Memorial Day through Labor Day. Monday – Saturday 9AM – 9 PM, Sunday 12 – 9 PM.
- ROSEWOOD PARK. 1899 Rosewood St, Jenison. 8 AM – 9 PM. (Hours given are for the park, splash pad hours may vary)
- GRAND HAVEN SPLASH PAD. 101 N. Harbor Drive, Grand Haven. Open in warmer months weather permitting.
Barry County Splash Pads and Pools
- SPRAY PLAZA – 100-150 N Church St, Hastings
Please leave us a comment if you know of other area splash pads or water parks.
Pin this image for future reference!