Splash Pads and Water Fun that Kids Love Around Grand Rapids
I love splash pads for the younger crowd. Kids can choose their own level of “getting wet” at a splash pad. Older kids can let dump buckets spill over their heads repeatedly while nervous toddlers can just make wet footprints.
Plus, I don’t have to squeeze into my bathing suit (why does it shrink on me every year?).
When the kids are bigger, we can all go bananas in the pool! When it’s 95 degrees and the humidity is just as high, I will do whatever it takes to squeeze into that swimsuit (I eventually buy the next size up– gotta face the music here) and plunge into the pool with my kids.
We’ve compiled a list of splash pads and pools around Grand Rapids to help you beat the heat this summer.
The Big List of Grand Rapids Splash Pads and Pools
We’ve compiled a list of all the area splash pads, water playgrounds and pools. Whether you’re looking to get wet in Grand Rapids, Holland or points in between, we’ve got you covered.
Splash Pads and Water Playgrounds
The City of Grand Rapids has water playgrounds and wading pools at various parks. According to the Parks and Rec Department of Grand Rapids, the pools and splash pads will be open June 3 – August 17, 2019.
Open 10:00 AM- 9:00 PM daily.
- ABERDEEN PARK | 2230 Eastern Ave NE
- CAMPAU PARK | 50 Antoine Street SW
- CHERRY PARK | 725 Cherry Street SE
- FULLER PARK | 300 Fuller Avenue NE
- GERALD R. FORD ACADEMIC CENTER | 851 Madison SE
- HEARTSIDE PARK | 69 Ionia SE
- HIGHLAND PARK | 523 Grand Avenue NE
- JOE TAYLOR PARK | 1030 Bemis SE
- LINCOLN PARK | 231 Marion Avenue NW
- MARY WATERS PARK | 1042 Lafayette NE
- MULICK PARK | 1632 Sylvan Avenue SE
- ROOSEVELT PARK | 739 Van Raalte Drive SW
- WILCOX PARK |100 Youell Avenue SE
Grand Rapids City Pools
Admission fees vary depending on age and city residency status. Visit the Parks & Rec Dept for more information.
- Briggs Park (350 Knapp St NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49505)
- Monday-Wednesday: 1:00-7:00 PM
- Thursday: 1:00-5:00 PM
- Friday-Saturday: 1:00-7:00 PM
- Sunday: 12:00-4:00 PM
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Park (900 Fuller Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506)
- Monday: 1:00-7:00 PM
- Tuesday: 1:00-5:00 PM
- Wednesday-Saturday: 1:00-7:00 PM
- Sunday: 12:00-4:00 PM
- Richmond Park (1101 Richmond St NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504)
- Monday: 1:00-5:00 PM
- Tues-Saturday: 1:00-7:00 PM
- Sunday: 12:00-4:00 PM
Public Water Fun South/West of Grand Rapids
- PINEWOOD PARK | 1999 Wolfboro, Kentwood. Open Memorial Day – Labor Day, 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM.
- VETERAN’S MEMORIAL PARK | 355 48th St, Kentwood. Open Memorial Day – Labor Day, 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM. SPECIAL NOTE: The park is currently under construction and the splash pad is not available until it’s finished. A bigger splash pad will be coming!
- MILLENNIUM BEACH PARK AND SPLASH PAD | ($) 1415 Maynard Avenue SW, Grand Rapids. Open the weekend before Memorial Day weekend – Labor Day weekend. Check website for hours and admission fees.
- LAMAR PARK |2561 Porter St, Wyoming. Open June 1 through Labor Day, 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM.
- ORIOLE PARK | 1380 42nd St SW, Wyoming. Open June 1 through Labor Day.
- SOUTHLAWN PARK | 4125 Jefferson Ave SE, Wyoming. Open June 1 through Labor Day.
- KROC CENTER POOL & PLAYGROUND | ($) 2500 S. Division Ave Grand Rapids. Outdoor Splash pad open May 30 through Labor Day weekend during Open Swim hours. Open Swim Times vary daily, so please visit their website for accurate times.
Places to get Wet North/East of Grand Rapids
- FREDERIK MEIJER GARDENS | ($) 1000 East Beltline Avenue NE, Grand Rapids. Great Lakes water play area and small wading fountain. Sunday 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday & Wednesday – Saturday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, and Tuesday 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM.
- LESLIE E. TASSELL PARK INTERACTIVE FOUNTAIN | 2900 Thornapple River Dr. SE Grand Rapids. Open 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM (hours given are for the park, fountain hours may vary).
Ottawa County Splash Pads and Pools
- ALLENDALE TWP PARK SPLASH PAD | 6676 Lake Michigan Drive, Allendale
- MAPLEWOOD PARK | 8000 12th Avenue, Jenison
- CITY OF HUDSONVILLE SPLASH PAD | Harvey Street, Hudsonville
- CITY OF ZEELAND SPLASH PAD PARK | 21 S Elm St, Zeeland. Open Memorial Day through Labor Day, daily from 9:00 AM – 10:00 PM except Sundays open at 12:00 PM.
- DOWNTOWN HOLLAND SPLASH PAD | 99 East 8th St, Holland. Open 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM. Please note that we haven’t been able to verify that this splash pad is open for 2019.
- ROSEWOOD PARK | 1899 Rosewood St, Jenison. 8:00 AM – 9:00 PM. (Hours given are for the park, splash pad hours may vary)
- GRAND HAVEN SPLASH PAD | 101 N. Harbor Drive, Grand Haven. Open in warmer months weather permitting.
Barry County Splash Pads and Pools
- SPRAY PLAZA | 100-150 N Church St, Hastings
Please leave us a comment if you know of other area splash pads or water parks.
Pin this image for future reference!