Splash Pads and Water Fun that Kids Love Around Grand Rapids
I love splash pads for the younger crowd. Kids can play and have so much fun but I don’t have to squeeze into my bathing suit (why does it shrink on me every year?) or worry about a toddler suddenly being terrified of the water and refusing to go into a pool that mom and sister have already climbed in to.
Kids can choose their own level of “getting wet” at a splash pad.
And when the kids are bigger, we can all go bananas in the pool! When it’s 95 degrees and the humidity is just as high, I will do whatever it takes to squeeze into that swimsuit (I eventually buy the next size up– gotta face the music here) and plunge into the pool with my kids.
We’ve compiled a list of splash pads and pools around Grand Rapids to help you beat the heat this summer.
Yearning more for some sandy shores? Our West Michigan Beach Guide can show you where to go for all the lake fun you can dream of!
The Big List of Grand Rapids Splash Pads and Pools
Splash Pads and Water Playgrounds
The City of Grand Rapids also has water playgrounds and wading pools at various parks. According to the Parks and Rec Department of Grand Rapids the pools and splash pads will open June 8 – August 25, 2018.
Open 10:00 AM- 9:00 PM daily.
- ABERDEEN PARK | 2230 Eastern Ave NE
- ALGER PARK | 921 Alger SE
- CAMPAU PARK | 50 Antoine Street SW
- CHERRY PARK | 725 Cherry Street SE
- FULLER PARK | 300 Fuller Avenue NE
- GERALD R. FORD ACADEMIC CENTER | 851 Madison SE
- HEARTSIDE PARK | 69 Ionia SE
- HIGHLAND PARK | 523 Grand Avenue NE
- JOE TAYLOR PARK | 1030 Bemis SE
- LINCOLN PARK | 231 Marion Avenue NW
- MARY WATERS PARK | 1042 Lafayette NE
- MULICK PARK | 1632 Sylvan Avenue SE
- ROOSEVELT PARK | 739 Van Raalte Drive SW
- WILCOX PARK |100 Youell Avenue SE
City of Grand Rapids Pools
- Briggs Park (Lafayette and Knapp NE)
- Monday-Wednesday: 12:00-7:00 PM
- Thursday, 12:00-5:00 PM
- Friday-Saturday, 12:00-7:00 PM
- Sunday, 12:00-4:30 PM
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Park (Fuller and Alexander SE)
- Monday, 12:00-5:00 PM
- Tuesday, 12:00-5:00 PM
- Wednesday-Saturday, 12:00-7:00 PM
- Sunday, 1:00-4:30 PM
- Richmond Park (Richmond and Tamarack NW)
- Monday, 12:30-5:00 PM
- Tues-Saturday, 12:00-7:00 PM
- Sunday, 12:00-4:30 PM
South/West of Grand Rapids
- PINEWOOD PARK | 1999 Wolfboro, Kentwood. Open Memorial Day – Labor Day 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM.
- VETERAN’S MEMORIAL PARK | 355 48th St, Kentwood. Open Memorial Day – Labor Day 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM.
- MILLENNIUM BEACH PARK AND SPLASH PAD | ($) 1415 Maynard Avenue SW, Grand Rapids. Open the weekend before Memorial Day weekend – Labor Day weekend. Beach open 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM, splash pad open 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM. After the 4th Sunday in August, hours are Beach: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM, splash pad 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM.
- LAMAR PARK |2561 Porter St, Wyoming. Open June 1 through Labor Day 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM.
- ORIOLE PARK | 1380 42nd St SW, Wyoming. Open June 1 through Labor Day.
- SOUTHLAWN PARK | 4125 Jefferson Ave SE, Wyoming. Open June 1 through Labor Day.
- KROC CENTER POOL & PLAYGROUND | ($) 2500 S. Division Ave Grand Rapids. Outdoor Splashpad open May 30 through Labor Day weekend during Open Swim hours. Open Swim Times vary daily, please visit the website for accurate times.
North/East of Grand Rapids
- FREDERIK MEIJER GARDENS | ($) 1000 East Beltline Avenue NE, Grand Rapids. Great Lakes water play area and small wading fountain. Sunday 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday & Wednesday – Saturday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, and Tuesday 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM.
- LESLIE E. TASSELL PARK INTERACTIVE FOUNTAIN | 2900 Thornapple River Dr. SE Grand Rapids. Open 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM (hours given are for the park, splash pad hours may vary).
Ottawa County Splash Pads and Pools
- ALLENDALE TWP PARK SPLASH PAD | 6676 Lake Michigan Drive, Allendale
- MAPLEWOOD PARK | 8000 12th Avenue, Jenison
- CITY OF HUDSONVILLE SPLASH PAD | Harvey Street, Hudsonville
- CITY OF ZEELAND SPLASH PAD PARK | 21 S Elm St, Zeeland. Open Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- DOWNTOWN HOLLAND SPLASH PAD | 99 East 8th St, Holland. Open 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- ROSEWOOD PARK | 1899 Rosewood St, Jenison. 8:00 AM – 9:00 PM. (Hours given are for the park, splash pad hours may vary)
- GRAND HAVEN SPLASH PAD | 101 N. Harbor Drive, Grand Haven. Open in warmer months weather permitting.
Barry County Splash Pads and Pools
- SPRAY PLAZA | 100-150 N Church St, Hastings
Please leave us a comment if you know of other area splash pads or water parks.
Pin this image for future reference!