Great Spots To Cool off With Water Play in Greater Grand Rapids
Need to cool off but don’t want to go to a pool or the big Lake? Check out our list of local splash pads and water playgrounds in West Michigan!
South/West of Grand Rapids
- Pinewood Park at 1999 Wolfboro – Kentwood, MI 49508
- Veteran’s Memorial Park – 355 48th St – Kentwood
- Millenium Park – beach and splash pad. ($) 1415 Maynard Avenue SW – Grand Rapids, MI 49534 ($)
- Lamar Park – 2561 Porter St – Wyoming, MI 49519
- Oriole Park – 1380 42nd St SW – Wyoming, MI 49509
- Southlawn Park – 4125 Jefferson Ave SE – Wyoming MI 49548
- Kroc Center – pool and water playground. ($) 2500 S. Division Ave Grand Rapids, MI 49507
North/East of Grand Rapids
- Frederick Meijer Gardens – Great Lakes water play area and small wading fountain ($)
- Leslie Tassell Park (interactive fountain) – 2900 Thornapple River Dr. SE Grand Rapids, MI 49546
City of Grand Rapids
The City of Grand Rapids also has water playgrounds and wading pools at various parks. It is our understanding that the splash pads will be open on the same schedule as the city pools – from June 13 – September 1, 2014. Please let us know if you find information that differs from this.
Water Playgrounds / Splash Pads
Open noon – 6 pm daily.
- Aberdeen Park – Eastern at Evelyn NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49505
- Mulick Park- 1761 Rosewood SE Grand Rapids, MI 49506
Open 11:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m daily.
- Joe Taylor Park - 1030 Bemis SE
- Alger Park School- 921 Alger SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49507
- Heartside Park – 69 Ionia SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Mary Waters Park – 1042 Lafayette NE Grand Rapids, MI 49505
- Gerald R. Ford Middle School - 851 Madison SE
Reader Comment: The one here in Allendale is pretty small, but perfect for a low-key day. It is located in the Allendale Township Park (corner of Lake Michigan Drive (M-45) and 68th), and there is playground equipment as well. There are NOT a lot of picnic tables, but if you bring a blanket, there’s plenty of grass. It was finished Summer of 2012, so it’s in pretty good shape! I believe last year the water came on about 10 am.
- Maplewood Park – 8000 12th Avenue Jenison, MI 49428
Reader Comment: The Maplewood Splashpad is open from 11am-8pm. It is really nice and has a nice playground, too. There is a limited number of shaded tables, but there is space in the grass for umbrellas if you bring your own. Also worth noting, there is one of the huge cell phone towers right in the lot to the park. There are some strong arguments that argue being in close proximity to them isn’t safe and arguments that it is fine…either way, just nice to know it’s there if that’s something you don’t want your kiddos (and yourself) around.
- Downtown Holland Splashpad – 99 East 8th St, Holland MI 49423. Open from 10am – 10pm daily.
Please leave us a comment if you know of other area splash pads or water parks.