Where to see Christmas Lights Around West Michigan
[note]This post is updated for 2015[/note]
Here’s our yearly roundup of where to see Christmas and Holiday lights around Greater Grand Rapids.
Last night my kids and I went out for three hours to scout lights and found a handful of houses to include.
We played our “count the ___” game to help make the night more memorable. Each person in the car chooses something to count. This year, my son was counting candy canes, my middle daughter counted reindeer and my youngest counted Santas. I counted Nativities. The candy canes won, followed by the deer. The Santas and Nativities tied for a distant third.
How the List is Made
The list of where to see lights is crowd-sourced from reader comments. (We need your help!)
We ask on Facebook for recommendations; if someone tells us there is a great display at X address, we will include it. We can’t drive around to every location to verify a light display, and what some people thinks is a worth-the-drive display others might not want to bother with, so please use our list with that in mind.
If you do find something we should add to the list, leave us a comment below and we will make the update.
This year, our list has a VERIFIED 2015 and UNVERIFIED 2015 section.
Displays that are verified have either been seen by a grkids.com team member in 2015 or a grkids.com reader has told us that the display up for this year.
Unverified displays are those that were out last year but we have not heard yet if they are on again for 2015. Please leave a comment if you can help us verify (or remove) any of these listings.
Where possible, we have linked locations to a Google map to help you navigate your way through the list.
Confirmed Holiday Light Listings
- Downtown Grand Rapids.
Downtown Grand Rapids is lit up and pretty spectacular this time of year! You can drive and see the lights, but even more fun is taking a short walk with your family.If you go, check out the lights along Monroe Center from the Children’s Museum down to Rosa Parks Circle. Walk down Pearl and into the Amway Grand. The JW is dazzling in blue, and the riverwalk is pretty, too. Head over to the Gerald R Ford presidential museum for another Christmas tree.
NORTH OF GR / ROCKFORD
- White’s Winter Wonderland | 14181 MacClain St, Gowen, MI 49326-9711 – Drive thru and tune your radio to FM 89.1 and listen to the music as the lights dance. Facebook Page
- **2931 S Saddle Ridge Ct Rockford | Dancing lights set to music. Tune your radio to 96.3.
- Paramount Estates neighborhood west of Northland Drive | Lots of houses participate!
- 6171 Blythefield ave NE Rockford | Lights Synchronized to Music 5:30pm till 8:45pm. 88.7 FM
- 6632 Ramsdell NE, Rockford | Second house South of Belding Rd (M-44). There is life size Nativity, reindeer, sleigh, lighted candy canes surrounds yard, trees, lots of snowmen, polar bears, penguins talking snowball, elves & thousands of lights.
- **Nite Lights | A mile long drive thru the Fifth Third Ballpark with light exhibits. Admission is charged per vehicle.
- 4000 block of Boulder Ridge community in Belmont | Lights set to music.
- **326- 17 Mile Rd, Kent City, MI 49330 | This guy decorates HUGE! There is a santa over the pond, nativity scene, trees, houses, several other animated light character, etc… Worth it!!! There’s a place to pull over too!
- **Corner of Knapp and Ball | Lights & inflatables.
- 4098 Boulder View Dr, Belmont, MI 49306 | Awesome Christmas lights dance to music! Tune radio to 107.7 FM
NORTHWEST OF GR / WALKER
- 147 Sunset Hills Ave NW. Grand Rapids | Nearly 12,000 lights that are programmed to music which can be transmitted to your vehicle when you tune to 99.9 FM. Check FB page for status. Facebook Page
- On NW Macomb in Standale, Northwest side of the Lake Michigan-Wilson intersection | Tune the radio to 92.3 and lights will sync to music. Lights run from about 6:00-9:00 PM.
- **13880 Ironwood Drive NW GR | Snowflakes, trees, gingerbread people, a skater scene with penguins, and Christmas minions. Lights are synchronized to music being broadcast on 95.1 FM. Facebook page is “Loomanaries”
SOUTHEAST GRAND RAPIDS / KENTWOOD
- **Coe Dentistry, 4760 Kalamazoo Ave SE Kentwood, MI 49508 | On Kalamazoo between 44th and 52nd.
- **Inside of Woodland Mall near Macy’s | A light show with music- It plays at 1, 2, 3 and every half hour until 9pm.
GRANDVILLE / HUDSONVILLE / WYOMING
- **938 Ariebill St SW, Wyoming, MI 49509-3920 | Lights are timed to a music station you can only get by parking outside the house and tuning in.
- Please stop by the Hope CRC in Grandville, MI, 3110 Barrett St |We have 35 lighted and decorated trees in the yard next to the church. You’re invited to get out of your car and walk through the yard to look at all the trees which were decorated by families and organizations of the church. This is the church’s gift to the neighborhood. Facebook.
- **4672 Teton Ct. SW, Grandville, MI 49418
- 1890’s schoolhouse on the corner of 84th Street SE, and Kalamazoo Ave in Gaines Township hosts over 35,000 lights on 20-30 foot high trees, and includes illuminated belfry, deer, icicles, and candy canes.
- **3223 Vermont Ave SW, Grandville, Michigan | Lights synced to music on 99.9, plays once every half hour. Facebook Page.
- **5811 Sage River Court SW Wyoming | Light show synchronized to music.
FOREST HILLS / ADA / CASCADE
- **7219 Oliver Woods Ada MI | Nativity and inflatable figures + more.
- **2270 Hayward SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 |
- 6501 Cascade Pointe, off of Burton | Yard filled with many lights and inflatables.
- Ada Moorings neighborhood | Off of Grand River Drive in Ada. Lots of homes are decorated.
- **Ada Covered Bridge | Historic, picturesque bridge has twinkling lights set to music.
- 2300 Grand River Dr NE, Ada | Lights, decorations, and music.
- **1746 Secretariat Dr SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 | Covered with lights and lots of blow up things too!
ALTO / LOWELL / West of GR
- 7594 McCords 49302 | House at 76th/ McCords in Alto – bigger than ever!
- 9131 68th St, Alto | Every weeknight from 6-9:00 PM, and some weekends, through the holiday season. The radio station is 107.9 to hear the music.
- Foreman Rd between Alden Nash and Cumberland | They have a light display at a home where you tune in to a radio station and watch the lights dance to the rhythm of the song.
- Whispering Hills neighborhood in Lowell | Many houses lit up again this year. One house has a light tunnel over the side walk (on Trent Drive) for the kids to walk through.
- 7475 Parsonage Rd Saranac, MI | A light show with about 10,000 lights. The lights are synchronized to the music of multiple Christmas songs (usually about 4 songs) which are broadcast to your car through channel 89.1. The best viewing is from half way up the driveway.
- Alto Meadows Subdivision has quite a few houses set up with lights.
- CLARKSVILLE has several displays on W. Ferneys Ave and Lind Ave, on the Northwest side of town. One display is synched to music on 103.9 fm. others have lights and inflatables, including a brontosaurus. Keep a watchful eye out for the alligator and palm tree. (198 Ferney’s Ave in the village of Clarksville. Fully decorated corner lot with other lit houses in neighborhood. 15,000+ lights on house, fence, garage, shed, and in 18 trees up to 25′ tall. Also, Nativity scene, flying Santa display, dozens of assorted lit figures. Everything should be lit until around midnight through Jan. 1st. I think it is worth going by if you are in the area.)
BYRON CENTER / ZEELAND
- Eldora Ct in Byron center off of 84th | Lots of inflatables covering whole front yard.
- **10679 Deer Ridge Court, Zeeland, MI | Hughes Musical Christmas Show – a cool one with lights timed to the music. Facebook page.
- 3111 64th St SW Byron Center, MI 49325 | Tune car radio to 89.9fm.
- 10075 Gordon St, Zeeland, MI 49464 | Truck parked in front of local business loaded with lights and blow ups.
Unconfirmed Holiday Light Listings – based on info from 2014
*please help us verify the listings below by leaving comments if you have seen them. Thank you!
- 809 Kenneth in Wyoming
- 2633 Dixie SW, Grandville MI
- HUDSONVILLE | Sun Meadow Lane is a decorated cul-de-sac with light synchronized to music. Tune into 105.1. Features singing penguins, Christmas tree with burst of fire, large nativity, stars and twinkle fairies.
- Princeton Estates | Small displays throughout the whole neighborhood with NATIVITY LANE on Pembroke St SE.
- 5374 Effingham is also in Princeton Estates | It’s called the countdown clock house for obvious reasons once you see it. It has every inflatable figure imaginable, complete with lights and music.
- 13880 Ironwood Dr (aka Remembrance Rd) by 8th Ave near Walker, just inside Ottawa county. Synchronized to music on channel 92.3 FM.
- 1819 Argentina SE East Grand Rapids MI
- 1130 Windsong Ct SE, Grand Rapids, MI
NEW THIS YEAR! Take a picture and leave it with your comment below. Thank you!