The Fairs Don’t End When Summer Does
The fun doesn’t end just because summer is over! Here in Michigan, the fall brings a whole new batch of excitement. Apples and pumpkins… logging and salmon? Sure! The weather is beautiful so we will take any reason to celebrate outdoors with food and activities, won’t we?
Check out our finds for 2018 fall festivals and fairs around Grand Rapids and enjoy the beauty of the changing seasons.
Autumn Fairs & Festivals in West Michigan
- Muskegon Polish Festival | August 31 – 1. The 2-day Muskegon Polish Festival will offer Polish cultural activities including food, polka music, dancing, cultural activities, a Catholic mass, and much more. Muskegon.
- Logging Festival (Newaygo)| September 1 – 3. Kids of all ages can enjoy chainsaw carvings, lumberjack demonstrations, arts & crafts vendors, and all kinds of yummy food and treats. Newaygo.
- Allegan County Fair | September 7 – 15. This historic, annual county fair features everything you hope from a county fair–fun rides, interesting exhibits, great musical performances from many well known artists, tasty food and more.
- Eastown Streetfair | September 8. This annual event is a family-friendly celebration of arts, crafts, food, music, and the Eastown neighborhood, one of Grand Rapids’ most eclectic districts. Wealthy Street/Lake Drive, Eastown.
- Michigan Irish Music Fest (Muskegon) | September 13 – 16. Featuring live Irish entertainment daily under six large covered stages, as well as traditional Irish beverages and food. The festival has activities for all ages including a Cultural and Dance Stage, Wee Ones’ Area, and shopping at two locations. 2743 Henry St. #231, Muskegon
- Grand Haven Salmon Festival | September 14 – 15. This festival assures the residents and visitors alike a unique opportunity to learn about the region’s natural assets, while experiencing the cultural appeal of the area through music, art, entertainment, history and education. Grand Haven Municipal Marina, 101 N. Harbor Dr, Grand Haven.
- Fallasburg Arts Festival | September 15 – 16. The event features 100 unique fine art and fine craft booths, food booths, children’s craft area, craft demonstrations, and music performed on an outdoor stage. Fallasburg Park, 1124 Fallasburg Road, Lowell.
- ArtPrize 2018 | September 19 – October 7. A 19-day art extravaganza free to the public spanning 3 square miles, featuring over 1,500 pieces of art at over 175 venues. ArtPrize HUB, 41 Sheldon Blvd, Grand Rapids.
- Tulipanes Latino Art & Film Festival | September 20 – 22. The Annual Tulipanes Latino Art & Film Festival welcomes thousands to celebrate the many contributions of our Latino community through art, film and music. Holland Area Arts Council, 150 East 8th Street, Holland.
- Michigan Apple Fest | September 22. We will feature Michigan Apples in food and beverages sold by local restaurants, The Applesauce Peel Out Run/Walk, candy apple decorating contest, badminton tournament, scarecrow build off, and rodeo. 156 E. Division St., Sparta
- Wurst Festival Ever | September 28 – 29. A 2-day festival celebrating bratwurst, beer, live music and fall fun. New Salem Corn Maze, 4516 24th St, Dorr.
- Zeeland Pumpkinfest | October 5 – 6. Pumpkinfest is a 2-day event that features a number of free and low-cost events that can be enjoyed by all ages. Including Food, Music, Kid Activities, Animals, Pumpkin Contests, Parade & More! Downtown Zeeland.
- Red Flannel Festival | October 6. Arts & Craft Show, Queen Scholarship Pageant, Grand Parade, Car Show, Children’s Parade, Horseshoe Throwing Contest, Lumberjack Supper, Rotary Chicken BBQ and MUCH, MUCH more! Cedar Springs.
- Holland Fall Festival | October 12 – 13. Watch as nationally-recognized professional pumpkin carvers show off their skills, visit the farmer’s market, take a hayride, stroll the decorated streets and enjoy fun activities and games for children. Downtown Holland.
- Fennville Goose Festival | October 13. Annual celebration featuring a car show, arts & crafts show, 5K, gosling run, carnival, parade, tractor show and more! Main St., Downtown Fennville
- Lowell Harvest Celebration| October 13. Family fun with a 5k run, chili cook off, live entertainment and hoedown, autumn marketplace with arts, crafts, and farmers goods. Lowell.
- Harvest Festival at Blandford Nature Center | October 13. Join us for our celebration of autumn with classic festive fun! Activities include candle making, wagon rides, scare crows and more. Enjoy this beautiful fall day out in nature! Blandford Nature Center, 1715 Hillburn Ave. N.W., Grand Rapids.
- Urban Hay Day | October 13. Hop on a hayride, indulge in fall favorite foods, hop around on bounce houses, pet the animals at the critter barn, vote on your favorite scarecrow, or compete in our pumpkin races. We have fun for the entire family! Gemmens Home and Hardware, 3488 Kelly Street, Hudsonville.
- Annual Bangor Apple Festival| October 13. Events will include a 5k Apple Run/Walk, Car Show in Downtown, Arts and Crafts Fair, Kids Events, and much more. Bangor Elevator, 142 West Monroe Street, Bangor.