Indoor Playgrounds are a Hit All Year Long
feature image is Craig’s Cruisers.
Living in West Michigan means hot days, cold days, rainy days, and more, making it harder to find things to do with kids in Grand Rapids.
As parents, we have to get creative when it comes to planning activities for our families. Enter the Indoor Playground.
Indoor playgrounds are also just great places to interact and have fun with friends and family.
Some of these places even have outdoor options if the weather is great so you can enjoy the sunshine. (Think Craig’s Cruisers or Allegan Event.)
Below you’ll find the premier indoor playgrounds around West Michigan.
Indoor Playgrounds Menu
Featured Indoor Playgrounds
These indoor play centers deliver fun
No entries match your request.
Award Winning Indoor Playgrounds
Each year families vote on the best things in West Michigan. Here’s who took top honors for best indoor play place.
Winner: Craig’s Cruisers
1. Craig’s Cruisers
2. Grand Rapids Children’s Museum
3. BattleGR Tactical Games
4. Rebounderz Indoor Trampoline Arena (Jenison)
5. Holland Aquatic Center
6. EverPlay Cafe
8. Tarry Hall Roller Rink
9. For the Kidz Gymnastics
10. Allegan Event
10. Amped Virtual Reality
Full List of Indoor Playgrounds
All the amazing places to get moving and have a blast around West Michigan!
Great Lakes Glow Golf
The Lost City
Bunker Interpretive Center at Calvin Ecosystem Preserve & Native Gardens
Events & Deals At Indoor Play Places
Free Kids Play Places
Looking for some kid indoor play options that won’t break the bank?
When the weather is cold and wet, try one of the playscapes at the mall. There’s a Magic Tree House at Rivertown Crossings Mall and the forest-themed play area at Woodland Mall.
Have fun playing and learning at one or several of the amazing libraries on this list.
And don’t forget, many favorite indoor playgrounds offer free admission on special days or with special promotions.
Grand Rapids Art Museum offers free general admission one day and one evening a week, and Grand Rapids Public Museum offers free admission for Kent County kids up to age 17.
Indoor Playground Map
Use this Google Map to find indoor play areas near you.
Indoor Fun for The Whole Family
Having indoor play areas on your radar is a must!
Space to run, jump, create, and compete is what dreams are made of for most kids, but how do you do that when your kids span several age ranges ?
Here’s where you can take the whole family to play:
1. Defy gravity at Altitude Trampoline Park, Sky Zone Trampoline Park or Rebounderz Adventure Park.
2. Paint, design and create at The Mud Room. Kids of all ages can select from a variety of pottery pieces and wood signs to paint and express their creative side during open studio hours.
3. Kids can try a favorite outdoor summertime activity inside! Great Lakes Glow Golf features 18 holes of indoor miniature golf played under black lights.
4. Do it all, virtually, at Amped Virtual Reality. Kids can become a space pirate, soar over the Grand Canyon, or follow a Velociraptor as she tries to survive on her island.
5. Head to Pinball Land or Retro Electric Arcade and play cool 80s and 90s games on open play, all day long.
6. Get active and boogie down at Tarry Hall, Jumpin’ Jupiter Skate Center, or GR Skate and Event Center for some roller-skating fun.
7. Allegan Event Center brings adventure to the indoor playground. Try a climbing wall or an indoor ropes course.
8. If your kids love water play, Holland Aquatic Center will keep kids entertained with their splash pad, vortex pool and 150 foot water slide. Or splash around at Goldfish Swim School’s family swim time.
9. Explore one of the many engaging exhibits at the Grand Rapids Public Museum. Extend your visit with a stop at the planetarium and learn about constellations and distant planets.
10. Spend a whole day at a popular indoor play place — the Grand Rapids Children’s Museum. Make some noise on a whale drum, play at the train table, or steer a fire truck.
11. Hop in the car and head to Portage to visit the Air Zoo Aerospace and Science Experience. Explore their hands-on learning opportunities and engaging exhibits.
12. Admire the exhibits at the Grand Rapids Art Museum or create art yourself at one of the GRAM studio’s drop-in programs.
Toddler Play Places
Toddlers bring energy and excitement to playtime, but they also have different needs in an indoor play area than preschool and elementary-aged kids.
There are libraries, activity centers, gymnastics facilities and more that understand how to give toddlers a great experience.
Big Kids Play Places
If you are trying to find kids play places to get your big kid out of the house, there are plenty of options to keep them entertained.
Craig’s Cruisers is one of the few kids play places where they can ride electric go-karts inside, as well as a ROLLER COASTER!
And if that isn’t enough, there is laser tag, bumper cars and a ninja course to keep your big kid entertained.
Looking for a little competition? Then check out Battle GR, the first e-sports gaming facility in Grand Rapids. While you are there, continue your competitive spirit with a game of laser tag or archery tag.
Kids of all ages love bowling. Bowl a few frames at one of these many local bowling centers: AMF Eastbrook Lanes, Clique Lanes, Hudsonville Lanes, Rockford Lanes, Spectrum Entertainment Complex, or Wengers Bowling Center.
Parents will enjoy a trip down memory lane at Pinball Land or Retro Electric Arcade, where you can challenge your kid to a video arcade game like Pac-Man or try your hand at one of several pinball machines.
Dave and Busters sports a variety of games that appeal to both little and big kids and yes, even adults.
3 thoughts on “40+ Exciting Indoor Playgrounds and Kids Play Places – for Teens to Toddlers!”
Launch and Rebounderz would be a great addition
Love your site! EverPlay Cafe would be a great addition to the indoor play list. Just opened this week in Ada!
This is great! Definitely going to share this with the other moms in our homeschool co-op. Thank you!