Indoor Playgrounds are a Hit All Year Long
Living in West Michigan means hot days, cold days, rainy days and more, making it tough at times to find things to do with kids in Grand Rapids.
Enter the Indoor Playground.
Indoor playgrounds are great places to have fun with friends and family and really, you can enjoy them even if the weather is great. These places are popular for birthday parties, too.
Below you’ll find the premier indoor playgrounds around West Michigan for your next outing.
Indoor Playgrounds Menu
Featured Indoor Playgrounds
These indoor play centers consistently deliver all the fun. From drop in play to birthday parties, these are the indoor playgrounds that West Michigan families return to again and again.
No entries match your request.
Award Winning Indoor Playgrounds
Each year families vote on the best things in West Michigan. Here’s who took top honors for best indoor play place.
Winner: Craig’s Cruisers
1. Craig’s Cruisers
2. Grand Rapids Children’s Museum
3. BattleGR Tactical Games
4. Rebounderz Indoor Trampoline Arena (Jenison)
5. Holland Aquatic Center
6. EverPlay Cafe
8. Tarry Hall Roller Rink
9. For the Kidz Gymnastics
10. Allegan Event
10. Amped Virtual Reality
Full List of Indoor Playgrounds
All the amazing places to get moving and have a blast around West Michigan!
Great Lakes Glow Golf
The Lost City
Bunker Interpretive Center at Calvin Ecosystem Preserve & Native Gardens
Goldfish Swim School - Grandville
Stomping Grounds Play Cafe
Kidz Indoor Playground
Urban Air Adventure Park
AJ's Family Fun Center
LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Michigan
Peppa Pig World of Play Michigan
Events & Deals at Indoor Play Places
Free Kids Play Places
Looking for some kid indoor play options that won’t break the bank?
When the weather is cold and wet, try one of the playscapes at the mall. There’s a Magic Tree House at Rivertown Crossings Mall and the forest-themed play area at Woodland Mall.
Have fun playing and learning at one or several of these amazing libraries.
And don’t forget, many favorite indoor playgrounds offer free admission on special days or with special promotions.
Indoor Playground Map
Use this Google map to find indoor play areas near you.
14 Indoor Fun Ideas for The Whole Family
Space to run, jump, create, and compete is what dreams are made of for most kids, but how do you do that when your kids span several age ranges ?
Here are indoor play areas where you can take the whole family to play:
1. Defy gravity at Altitude Trampoline Park, Sky Zone Trampoline Park or Rebounderz Adventure Park.
2. Want to go beyond trampolines? Craig’s Cruisers has a massive buffet, go-karts and an indoor roller coaster, in addition to all the trampolines.
3. Paint, design and create at The Mud Room in Grand Rapids or Paint a Pot in Holland.
4. Kids can try a favorite outdoor summertime activity inside! Great Lakes Glow Golf features 18 holes of indoor miniature golf played under black lights.
5. BattleGR tactical games has laser tag, ax throwing and court sports for many ages (and even drinks for the grownups).
6. Do it all, virtually, at Amped Virtual Reality. Kids can become a space pirate, soar over the Grand Canyon, or follow a Velociraptor as she tries to survive on her island.
7. Got a curious group? Try a scavenger hunt room at The Great Escape Room Grand Rapids, letting everyone use their own skills to solve the puzzle.
8. Head to Pinball Land or Retro Electric Arcade and play cool 80s and 90s games on open play, all day long.
9. Get active and boogie down at Tarry Hall, Jumpin’ Jupiter Skate Center, or GR Skate and Event Center for some roller-skating fun.
10. Allegan Event Center brings adventure to the indoor playground. Try a climbing wall or an indoor ropes course.
11. If your kids love water play, Holland Aquatic Center will keep kids entertained with their splash pad, vortex pool and 150 foot water slide. Or splash around at Goldfish Swim School’s family swim time.
12. Explore one of the many engaging exhibits at the Grand Rapids Public Museum. Extend your visit with a stop at the planetarium and learn about constellations and distant planets.
13. Spend a whole day at a popular indoor play place — the Grand Rapids Children’s Museum. Make some noise on a whale drum, play at the train table, or steer a fire truck.
14. Hop in the car and head to Portage to visit the Air Zoo Aerospace and Science Museum. Explore their hands-on learning opportunities and engaging exhibits.
Toddler Play Places
Toddlers bring energy and excitement to playtime, but they also have different needs in an indoor play area than preschool and elementary-aged kids.
Grand Rapids is booming with toddler activities! There are libraries, activity centers, gymnastics facilities and more that understand how to give toddlers a great experience.
Big Kids Play Places
If you are trying to find kids play places to get your big kid out of the house, there are plenty of options to keep them entertained.
Craig’s Cruisers is one of the few kids play places where they can ride electric go-karts inside, as well as a ROLLER COASTER!
And if that isn’t enough, there is laser tag, bumper cars and a ninja course to keep your big kid entertained.
Looking for a little competition? Then check out Battle GR, the first e-sports gaming facility in Grand Rapids. While you are there, continue your competitive spirit with a game of laser tag or archery tag.
Kids of all ages love bowling. Bowl a few frames at one of these many local bowling centers: AMF Eastbrook Lanes, Clique Lanes, Hudsonville Lanes, Rockford Lanes, Spectrum Entertainment Complex, or Wengers Bowling Center.
Parents will enjoy a trip down memory lane at Pinball Land or Retro Electric Arcade, where you can challenge your kid to a video arcade game like Pac-Man or try your hand at one of several pinball machines.
Dave and Busters sports a variety of games that appeal to both little and big kids and yes, even adults.