Hiking & Walking Trails – Grand Rapids & West Michigan
Hiking West Michigan is a snap – there are so many places to choose from, and so much beautiful scenery at each location that it makes it one of our top choices for outdoor things to do in West Michigan.
It’s easy to forget how lucky we are to live where we do. West Michigan has incredible scenery! And we have so many well-kept trails and state parks in our area with different things to see.
I have friends in other parts of the U.S. who miss their Michigan home, saying that all the trails where they live are all the same, and not as varied or well-kept as in Michigan.
Don’t wait to experience Michigan in all four wonderful seasons on a trail near you.
Searchable Hiking & Walking Trails Directory
Most of these walking trails are free (some charge a small fee or a parking fee). We’ve checked a lot of these hiking trails off of our list and can’t wait to add some more before the year is over.
This search returned no results.
West Michigan Walking Trails and Hiking Map
We’ve taken a map of West Michigan and plotted favorite family walking trails, parks, and more on it to make it easier for you to find your next outdoor destination.
Use the map or look below for reviews on all of our best walking trails in Grand Rapids and beyond.
Find Walking Trails Near Me
Tips for Using Hiking & Walking Trails
Keep these tips in mind while hiking the walking trails of Grand Rapids.
- It’s common courtesy to stay on the right side of the path when others are approaching.
- Wait your turn on the stairs.
- Pack in and pack out your trash.
- Bring sunscreen and bug spray (we keep a set in the trunk of our car so we’re always prepared!)
- Bring water for everyone.
- Binoculars and/or a compass can make any hike an adventure.
- Check for ticks when you’re done (Read this helpful info about ticks in West Michigan)